My Supra Adventures - Downshift Blue A90 Build

R0ME0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Premium 3.0 (DSB)
Hi All - Been lurking the forums for a little while now learning about the A90 from all of you here and following the news up to the official release announced last year. My name is Mario and I recently picked up a 2020 A90 Supra Premium 3.0 in Downshift Blue back in November. I come from building imports when I first fell in love with cars back (when I first got my license) and eventually moved into euros specifically BMWs. Below are some of the cars that I've built over the years:

2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Turbo'd
Featured in Import Racer! & Performance Auto and Sound Magazine
CAawDwc.jpg

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
Featured in Japanese Performance Magazine
JncaG5g.jpg

2008 BMW Z4M Coupe
ME6FBgL.jpg

2017 BMW M2
usZc4o7.jpg

Not 100% new to the Toyota community as I started with my first project car on a 2000 Toyota Celica which I turbo charged (fun times) which really laid a strong foundation for my understanding of building/working on cars. Eventually moved onto the coveted Mitsubishi Evo X (real turbo power) then finally moving onto Euro's where I picked up a BMW Z4M and then a BMW M2. However something about the Celica never left me making me really miss working on and building on imports, especially the community what was built around these vehicles. The Supra has always been a highly sought after vehicle on the back of my mind since owning the Celica as well so it only made sense that I'd be back the the Toyota community eventually. With the A90 making it a comeback it was my calling to do another Toyota Build 19 years later!

I hope to document all the things I'm planning on doing to the vehicle here. Loving the vehicle so far, but it is very far from perfect and my cars never tend to stay stock! I am also quite active on Instagram as well feel free to follow my adventures there as well: http://www.instagram.com/mysupraadventures/

So on that note its time to get started!

I present to you my 2020 Toyota GR Supra in Downshift Blue...I call her "Sienna"
WjsHfCH.jpg

Here's a little video that I put together on Day 1 when I picked her up from the dealer. Please like, comment and subscribe as I will have more content coming very soon!

Build Journal - Table Of Contents
Car Pickup Day Trading In My M2
Coding The Supra with BimmerCode
VF Engineering HEX Tune Stage 1
IND Distribution Replacement Blue Engine Start Button
IND Distribution Painted Front/Rear Reflector Set
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
R0ME0

R0ME0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did a little coding with the BimmerCode app last week coding out the weird quirks that came stock on the Supra.

Features such as the Auto Start/Stop, Dim Supra Connect Screen, Video In Motion, Supra Connect Disclaimer Warning, and Active Sound Design Off (turning off the fake engine noises being pumped into the cabin of the car to improve the not so great JBL stereo sound quality). Used a OBDLink MX+ Adaptor to do the coding. Really takes the complexity out of coding on E-SYS.

I also have an extra OBDLink MX+ adaptor that I'm giving away. To enter for the running check out the video below: watch, like, comment and subscribe to qualify for the drawing on Saturday 2/15.

OP
OP
R0ME0

R0ME0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did some baseline dyno's today along with taking the VF Engineering 30 Day Power Challenge for their HEX Tuning Solution. Put down a solid 357WHP and 347WTQ stock. Then flashed with the VF Engineering HEX Tune Stage 1 Tune and made a good added 66WHP and 59WTQ gain across the power band. Car drives solid. Snapped some shots of the product before and during the installation and vlogged the whole experience. A great short watch to see the whole journey if you're looking to get your car tuned!

Look At That Packaging

VF Engineering HEX Tune OBD2 Tuning Cable

Loading The Stage 1 HEX Tune Map

30 Day Power Challenge Vlog

Dyno Sheet

3Dw2SCN.jpg

OP
OP
R0ME0

R0ME0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP
OP
R0ME0

R0ME0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
New Mod Update. Did a little interior mod to give the interior a bit more color. Added the brand new @iND-Distribution Replacement Engine Start Button. There is 3 color options available: Red, Yellow and Blue. I opted for the Blue as I wanted something a little different from the rest. Saw a few posts online about using a putty to remove the button. Although that method would only take a few minutes, I didn't want to risk damaging the stock factory silver button or not being able to properly clip in the new button with the 2 prongs. The results turned out great. Some pictures below of the install along with the steps I took to install the button. Took me a total of 30 minutes from start to finish. A nice little mod to really class up the interior. Check out the Vlog, as I'll be giving away a free IND Replacement Engine Start Button!

Install VLOG (w/ IND Engine Start Button Giveaway) - Winner will be drawn 4/6

OP
OP
R0ME0

R0ME0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Some updates on the Supra with some new exterior mods recently added from @iND-Distribution with their paint matched front and rear reflector set really giving the exterior the ultimate makeover and really how the car should have come from factory. For us here in the US/Canada market our cars come with orange and red front/rear markers on the bumpers of the car from factory which really disrupt the body lines of the car. IND was able to provide these beautiful painted markers to make the bumpers more closely resemble the cars that come from Japan and Europe. The results speak for themselves. I provided a link below to where you can purchase the product along with a a quick Vlog I did on the install process. Hope you all enjoy!

IND Distribution Painted Front/Rear Reflector Set
https://ind-distribution.com/search?type=product&q=supra+painted+reflector+set
FYKz4JN.jpg

Installation Begins

The Results Are Fantastic

Install VLOG: SUPRA JDM CONVERSION

Sponsored