MY2021 Canadian orders

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
It's been 5 weeks since I gave a deposit for a 2021 Supra 2.0 in the BC lower mainland.
I just recently called the dealership but they have no news or ETA yet, which I kinda expected but I want to hear from other fellow Canadians who have placed orders for a 2021 model (all models) anywhere in Canada and maybe we can provide updates here on the status of shipments so we can all get an idea on when 2021 models start arriving in Canada.
I don't want to restrict this to BC only, so people from all provinces are welcomed to comment and provide updates on their ordering journey.
Sponsored

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
I ordered my 2021 3.0 in Absolute Zero w/ red leather on August 13 and took delivery on September 19, here in Winnipeg. So five weeks & two days. Technically it arrived a week earlier, but for reasons unknown, the dealer prep took a week. Sadly, "Suprcat" is in winter storage already; that's why they call us Winterpeg! ;)

OP
OP
SupraBC

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
I ordered my 2021 3.0 in Absolute Zero w/ red leather on August 13 and took delivery on September 19, here in Winnipeg. So five weeks & two days. Technically it arrived a week earlier, but for reasons unknown, the dealer prep took a week. Sadly, "Suprcat" is in winter storage already; that's why they call us Winterpeg! ;)
Congrats on Suprcat!!!
Even if in storage, you must be very happy it's in your possession already. I think 5 weeks is pretty fast for Canadian standards.

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
It's interesting because I was first quoted an even earlier delivery date, which turned out to be a 2021 Absolute Zero with a black interior. It was a longer wait for the red interior Supra. I'm curious if the $3000 rebate on 2020 Canadian Supra's was softening local demand for 2021's. Ultimately, I'm so happy to have received it while the weather cooperated. The performance and the suspension tuning exceed every expectation I had. You won't be disappointed!

OP
OP
SupraBC

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
Looks like 2.0s have started arriving in BC. Here's one in Vancouver: https://www.jptoyota-downtown.com/new/Toyota/aee204670a0d0cc7718aff50ef958e7a.htm.
I owe you a beer man!! :beer: You literally saved me months of waiting.
I just returned from the Vancouver dealership. The vehicle is officially mine now (tho delivery won't happen until Sunday) and it's the same color as my initial order (Renaissance Red).
I just need to get my deposit back from the Langley dealership. Hard to know if they will even get the car I placed the order for and when.

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
I just returned from the Vancouver dealership. The vehicle is officially mine now (tho delivery won't happen until Sunday) and it's the same color as my initial order (Renaissance Red).
Awesome! Congratulations!

The Toyota allocation process is so broken. Getting your deposit back from the other dealer shouldn't be a problem given that they failed to get you the car when another dealer could.

OP
OP
SupraBC

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
The Toyota allocation process is so broken.
Fact.
How can you explain giving a car first to a dealership with no existing preorders and ignore customers who already gave a deposit? Beyond me.
Already got my deposit back without a problem.
Thanks again!

Drillerkc74

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 supra black on black
i just jumped on a black and black one in owen sound ontario. the dealer is smalller and has no idea what they will get for the future. my wife likes the black versus the red. i spoke to 2 local dealers and they are clueless about ordering. waiting on a new battery to come from california!!! they didnt read the bulletins and keep the car charge!!

OP
OP
SupraBC

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
i spoke to 2 local dealers and they are clueless about ordering. waiting on a new battery to come from california!!! they didnt read the bulletins and keep the car charge!!
Unbelievable.
They are clueless about everything. I was hopeful but skeptical when the guy told me I was getting the car this Sunday. Of course he called me earlier today to change the appointment to next Saturday as they haven't been able to get a hold of the tools they need to program the car.

Really makes me think half of these so called "authorized Supra dealers" will be clueless when it comes the time for maintenance service.

jzhou125

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Ordered)A91 Refraction Blue, GLE43, C63 AMG
Rare to see another BC Supra. Congrats on the car. But real talk though West Coast Vehicle allocations are pure trash. I don't know how many of you will believe this but I paid deposit for a Refraction Blue A91 on FEBRUARY 14, which would indicate that I am second in line for allocation (First one is a In-house deal). Was hoping I'd have the car by summer. First allocation came last week.

OP
OP
SupraBC

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
Rare to see another BC Supra. Congrats on the car. But real talk though West Coast Vehicle allocations are pure trash. I don't know how many of you will believe this but I paid deposit for a Refraction Blue A91 on FEBRUARY 14, which would indicate that I am second in line for allocation (First one is a In-house deal). Was hoping I'd have the car by summer. First allocation came last week.
Thank you!!
It's trash indeed.
Had it not been for SupraYYJ I'd still be looking at months of waiting with a deposit paid while some lucky window shopper would be driving this very car.
It's too bad that since yours is a LE, I guess there's not much you can do except demand answers from your dealer.

jzhou125

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Ordered)A91 Refraction Blue, GLE43, C63 AMG
Thank you!!
It's trash indeed.
Had it not been for SupraYYJ I'd still be looking at months of waiting with a deposit paid while some lucky window shopper would be driving this very car.
It's too bad that since yours is a LE, I guess there's not much you can do except demand answers from your dealer.
Nah at this point it's really whatever. If it comes sure i'll think about it, if not I'll just cross-shop for other options. They offered a Turbulence Grey 3.0 a couple months ago, but even barring the options the A91 doesn't have (HUD, the spoiler issue) I'm really just there for the color. Besides the salesperson is a long time friend so we're pretty upfront with it, and we were clear that I am NOT guaranteed an allocation because In-House deals are usually given priority.