Navigation instructions on central display

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
okay so I was testriding a 2.0L Supra, I suppose its technically a 2021 model.
And I noticed a very convenient feature.
When using the on board navigation, its also displays instructions on the center display next to the tach.

I know the 2021 Supras have little tweaks added such as the possibility to set the cruis control speed in accordance to the current speed signs with the press of a button, like this model had.
But I am not sure if NAV instructions on the center display is one of those little updates?

So I wondered if 3.0L owners of the 'first gen' Supra already had this feature?

GOPR0018.MP4_snapshot_02.39_[2020.09.29_11.29.07].jpg

Thank you.
Sponsored

pav911

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Range Rover, Mini JCW
Yup. My 2020 3.0 UK (in case this makes a difference) car already does this.

OP
OP

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
and its an A90 not the A91?

so with 340 claimed horsepower and not 382 and without strut bars? :)

OP
OP

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
aight good to know

those nav instructions on that tiny screen were shockingly helpful (next to the infotainment display and the HUD) good to know they had em from the start :)

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
How good are you guys finding the traffic info vs say Waze?
I read the manual (shocking) and it says the traffic info is received by local radio signals. I was unaware of even that going on... called TIFF or something

** wasn't worthy to start a sep thread- but apologies to OP

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I know the 2021 Supras have little tweaks added such as the possibility to set the cruise control speed in accordance to the current speed signs with the press of a button, like this model had.
But I am not sure if NAV instructions on the center display is one of those little updates?

So I wondered if 3.0L owners of the 'first gen' Supra already had this feature?
Both cruise control set to posted speed and nav display in center display are not new features and are available on the 2020 Supras...

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Waze vs. Supra Nav... When I was coming from NJMP (South Jersey) to northern New Jersey, Supra Nav indicated that it had found faster route due to traffic condition where Waze hasn't notified me at the time. It directed me through a local and went unto NJ turnpike. about 30~40 min. later, a SUV that passed me on previous highway was passing me again on turnpike. So I think I saved some time by following Supra nav at the time.

in my opinion, both are good so have both on and follow your judgement based on the condition. I had both on for reference as well as police location for Waze.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Supra NAV: You get turn by turn instructions in the dash and HUD.
Others: You don't. Have to look at center console or your phone.

Supra NAV: Will not get a map update unless you go to your dealer or something (don't quote me on this)
Others: Always up-to-date

Traffic info: They all get some updates. I don't know if Supra will stop receiving them after initial SiriusXM traffic thingy expires. Not sure if this is same thing as getting traffic info thru the radio signals. Probably not, but I don't know if that's a life time feature or not..

Supra Voice recognition and NAV has been easy and accurate to use for me.

Could never compare routing and estimation capabilities of any NAV software. I never tried this with a friend who'd also strictly abide by the speed limits. Biggest difference is, how quickly you avoid slow people, how often you get stuck behind them. Do you run yellow light. etc.

I haven't seen Supra NAV suggest me a faster route though (perhaps haven't used it too much). Google certainly does so and even displays on map. Waze doesn't display on map (afaik) but you do get notified if there is an unexpected slow down or accident reported that wasn't there when you started navigation..

I've never used Apple Maps or whatever it's called. I do have iPhone for work, only thing it's good for is CarPlay + Waze/G maps :)

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Supra NAV: Will not get a map update unless you go to your dealer or something (don't quote me on this)
Others: Always up-to-date
I've had NAV automatically download 2 updates since I purchased my Supra....

SDudek67

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
yes. it's been there. we literally get the direction on HUD, Gauge cluster, & infotainment screen if map is on. Obviously, they don't want us to miss the turn..
Can I ask how to get this feature to go on? Iā€™ve seen videos of others having information on that part next to the Tach, yet mine is empty on the right side. (Also doesnā€™t show up on the HUD, only speed).

Is it default, or do I need to check a certain menu? Iā€™ve looked on my 2020 but couldnā€™t figure out how to add the information there.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Can I ask how to get this feature to go on? Iā€™ve seen videos of others having information on that part next to the Tach, yet mine is empty on the right side. (Also doesnā€™t show up on the HUD, only speed).

Is it default, or do I need to check a certain menu? Iā€™ve looked on my 2020 but couldnā€™t figure out how to add the information there.
I'll check to see which option, BUT, it only works with built-in NAV, so it won't display any CarPlay stuff Google Maps, Apple Map, Waze... So make sure you're using built-in...
Sponsored