NEED HELP, COOLANT LINE BUSTED

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
Can anyone give me a part number for this? Seems like an easy fix, or would toyota cover this? Totally have no idea how this happened.. i drove it today with the notification of “top off engine coolant, low” i thought it was just because my drive way was slanted. But upon double checking, the line has a tear..

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

49A35F34-F890-46E2-A29E-9305F5F6FD28.jpeg

81A017F8-4FDB-4041-AC2B-F8BA5112A6BD.jpeg

0507C0B2-850F-4374-9A16-F8C69CC87206.jpeg
Sponsored

cactusA91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
81Celica Supra(1st Car)/Taco/Ghia/A91 Wannabe
Gotta be a warranty issue assuming your are in your window still. I would make an appointment with your dealership and say please fix it. Make sure they check your coolant level too and top you up. I'm guessing they will have to order the hose part overnight too.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that this is Part # 16057-WAA02.

This should be covered under warranty though, so I would just take it to the dealer.

OP
OP
wolf_kyle

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea just called the dealer, they said that it should still be under warranty. but damn.. just sucks having to deal with this. Anyone else having this issue? Just me?

i feel like it may have touched the pulley behind it. Like at fast speeds with high winds may have pushed it back enough to tear it.. maybe next time, ziptie?

OP
OP
wolf_kyle

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just got my car in to get "inspected" at toyota. They said its from an outside source like a "rodent" and not going to be covered under warranty.

Before tax and labor, they said it will cost $680+
and part by itself is $230+

WTF is this...

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Just got my car in to get "inspected" at toyota. They said its from an outside source like a "rodent" and not going to be covered under warranty.

Before tax and labor, they said it will cost $680+
and part by itself is $230+

WTF is this...
Looking at that picture, it sure does look like something chewed through it. Never heard of mice going for rubber radiator hoses before though. If it were me, I would politely escalate it. Manufacturers will often provide goodwill coverage. If that failed, I would find the part at a much better price online and change it out myself. I think they do have a point though, it looks like rodent damage which would not be covered.

OP
OP
wolf_kyle

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking at that picture, it sure does look like something chewed through it. Never heard of mice going for rubber radiator hoses before though. If it were me, I would politely escalate it. Manufacturers will often provide goodwill coverage. If that failed, I would find the part at a much better price online and change it out myself. I think they do have a point though, it looks like rodent damage which would not be covered.
I understand also, but there had been high winds when i last drove it and the whole line itself moves back, MY logic is just with high winds (going against) and high speeds, mightve been enough for the pulley to catch it and tear it.

also ive looked at parts at toyota and its going for about $60. thanks to @Guff.

if they really cant do it. i might just get the part and do it myself..
Sponsored