New A90 owner (and old car guy) in G-burg MD

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
Greetings Supra folks - I'm Tom from Gaithersburg, MD. I just did the paperwork for a '22 3.0 Premium in Tungsten/Red, to be delivered later this week. As everyone knows, supply is pretty short, and I bought this car from Sheehy before it even hit the lot. I've never paid MSRP for a car in my life until this one.

I've been around the car enthusiast community for a long time, getting my first "fun" car in '94, my first auto-x in '98, my first trackday in '02, and my first LeMons race in '08. I've been a BMW guy for a long time, so it's not exactly a stretch for me to get into a Supra.

I recently completed the '22 One Lap of America, sharing a friend's Cayman S for the event. Supras were very well represented, including the Toyota USA team. I knew I liked the car before the event, but seeing them all over the place at OLOA cemented the deal.

I plan to do the occasional track-day at Summit or VIR, maybe an auto-x if schedule allows, and I'm hoping to run OLOA '23 in the car. I'll keep the car pretty stockish for now while I learn it. I'm sure I'll eventually grab a set of square 18x10s for track use, maybe some sway bars, and a proper alignment.
Sponsored

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
Welcome!

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Congrats! these are very fun cars, For what you have planned, nice tires with light wheels, sway bars, a catted dp/ intake/ Jb4 will be great for you. front bracing, springs and front sway bar completely changed my car

Antiq8ted_Ex0

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Awesome man! Great car all around, you will enjoy it on and off the track.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! these are very fun cars, For what you have planned, nice tires with light wheels, sway bars, a catted dp/ intake/ Jb4 will be great for you. front bracing, springs and front sway bar completely changed my car
WTF you became a sponsor?? MBN! MBFN.

also, to OP, congratz, enjoy the car and don't baby it, beat on it to seat the piston rings and so you don't consume oil. 🤓

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
WTF you became a sponsor?? MBN! MBFN.

also, to OP, congratz, enjoy the car and don't baby it, beat on it to seat the piston rings and so you don't consume oil. 🤓
haha, yup. sponsor on the forum, Nothing really gonna change tho, still same old me getting people free parts and the best deals on the market! maybe OP wants some goodies

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
haha, yup. sponsor on the forum, Nothing really gonna change tho, still same old me getting people free parts and the best deals on the market! maybe OP wants some goodies
Yeah but your username gets that sick ass bright RED font. Lowkey jelly lol it's like looking at mine vs. yours

OP
OP

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
...maybe OP wants some goodies
Not right away, as my wife will find a way to kill me in my sleep if I spend too much $ on a brand new car.

My first "mod" will likely be something REALLY pedestrian - PPF. The Toyota stuff that is on the car is not installed terribly well, nor does it really protect that much. I'll probably do the front fascia, the whole hood, and the front fenders. A buddy had a light encounter with a tire wall and the PPF took 95% of the damage. That was a pretty convincing use case, saving him a lot more $ than the PPF installation cost.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Not right away, as my wife will find a way to kill me in my sleep if I spend too much $ on a brand new car.

My first "mod" will likely be something REALLY pedestrian - PPF. The Toyota stuff that is on the car is not installed terribly well, nor does it really protect that much. I'll probably do the front fascia, the whole hood, and the front fenders. A buddy had a light encounter with a tire wall and the PPF took 95% of the damage. That was a pretty convincing use case, saving him a lot more $ than the PPF installation cost.
haha I hear that a lot! I do have a way of getting mods for very very cheap... I'll send you a PM

Antiq8ted_Ex0

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Do tell!

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Welcome to the team!
A good ppf is a must. Ceramic coating has been worth it as well with the pollen.

dapimpee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Greetings Supra folks - I'm Tom from Gaithersburg, MD. I just did the paperwork for a '22 3.0 Premium in Tungsten/Red, to be delivered later this week. As everyone knows, supply is pretty short, and I bought this car from Sheehy before it even hit the lot. I've never paid MSRP for a car in my life until this one.

I've been around the car enthusiast community for a long time, getting my first "fun" car in '94, my first auto-x in '98, my first trackday in '02, and my first LeMons race in '08. I've been a BMW guy for a long time, so it's not exactly a stretch for me to get into a Supra.

I recently completed the '22 One Lap of America, sharing a friend's Cayman S for the event. Supras were very well represented, including the Toyota USA team. I knew I liked the car before the event, but seeing them all over the place at OLOA cemented the deal.

I plan to do the occasional track-day at Summit or VIR, maybe an auto-x if schedule allows, and I'm hoping to run OLOA '23 in the car. I'll keep the car pretty stockish for now while I learn it. I'm sure I'll eventually grab a set of square 18x10s for track use, maybe some sway bars, and a proper alignment.
DMV here

OP
OP

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
I took delivery of the car today...I'd post pictures, but I'm guessing everyone here has seen a hundred tungsten silver Supras. Kudos to the sales guy for telling the detail shop to NOT drill the front bumper for the license plate mount. I have one of the Platypus towhook plate mounts on the way.

I have an appointment for 6/13 at a Tint/PPF/detail shop in Rockville for the PPF install - it's a LOT more expensive than the first time I had a car done, but that was 10+ years ago, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

I'll probably do the ceramic myself once the PPF is installed.
Sponsored