New (and old) members come say hello!

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by JT, Nov 23, 2014.

1. JT

JT Administrator
    Staff Member

Car(s):
    Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Welcome to SupraMKV. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to everyone. Also if you like, please share why you are interested in the Supra. Looking forward to reading everyone's stories. :)

2JZ-No-Sh*t, supraboi and vb22 like this.
  2. detuning

detuning Member

Car(s):
    IS-F
    Liked:
    Decided to finally register even though I'm already on too many forums.
    Just wanted to say hello to all the early FT-1 adopters. :wave:

3. black-supra

black-supra Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Very Fast
    Liked:
    Hey welcome to S5F (yea I just coined it) :)

4. pbj

pbj Member

Car(s):
    Kia
    Liked:
    Never introduced myself. Doug here. :beer:

5. Hank Lee

Hank Lee Active Member

Car(s):
    IS-F Ultrasonic Blue (2010)
    Liked:
    Hi everyone. Hank here. Found site a few weeks back and just checking back in now. Site looks great now. :respect:

6. FRS-Man

FRS-Man Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Hot Lava FR-S
    Liked:
    Welcome to the new users.

Happy holidays everyone.

7. Huddleston

Huddleston New Member

Car(s):
    See Sig
    Liked:
    Hey guys, happy to have found this forum. I'm joining with the hope that the FT-1 will be built and I can add it to my garage some day in the not too distant future. A Toyota started my love of cars and I've always really appreciated the heritage of the brand. Below are a few pics of my cars. Happy to be here and I hope to learn and contribute to the boards.

The car that started it all for me. My 2002 Toyota Solara. Slow as hell but it looked good and got me wrenching.
    2jfjadj.jpg

My 2012 Shelby GT500, built for TX2k and runways. Certainly not a Ford guy but the car is impressive and the heritage and community around the car are great.
    20sf8zk.jpg
    2coo41x.jpg

And lastly my project car - 91 Lexus LS400. The stock 1UZ-FE doesn't run so the plan is to do a twin turbo LS swap, upgrade suspension and brakes, and otherwise keep it as close to stock as possible.
    2hg5m4i.jpg

8. EvoX

EvoX Active Member

Car(s):
    Evo
    Liked:
    Welcome to the site about time one of these threads was started. Good first post too.

Love that GT500 what a monster!! Great license plate too :rofl: It's gonna be a very different car than the Supra.

9. Huddleston

Huddleston New Member

Car(s):
    See Sig
    Liked:
    Thanks man, I didn't see a member introductions thread anywhere so hopefully it's in the right spot. The Shelby is fun but only for certain things. I think the FT-1/supra will be a much more capable all around car for curvy roads and I'm sure the build quality will be much better.

10. andersonnfred

andersonnfred New Member

Car(s):
    Toyota
    Liked:
    I'm happy to be a member on this site. Looks like a great forum here with usefull tips.
    I drive a 1994 Toyota Supra.
    Thanks for letting me join.
    Fred

1994 Toyota Supra.jpg

11. Villa Jonny

Villa Jonny Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2013 Scion FRS 2016 Toyota Avalon 2016 Toyota Camry Lexus RCF
    Liked:
    Tech
    Garage Profiles:
    Hello, Fred! Welcome to the site. It's a bit slow right now but that'll change really quick. Eventually.

12. Sun Devil

Sun Devil Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    current: 2016 Audi A7 . Past: 996TT,997cab, 997TT, R8 V10, 13 FR-S
    Liked:
    Since it's been a little quiet around here .... thought I would start a thread and see why members and guests are interested in the new Supra.

My story. In my early days ... I owned the standard Celica and the Celica Supra. I LOVED those cars. Always wanted the real Supra, but I didn't have the $. Most recently ... I've owned some German cars. The German cars were nice, but expensive to operate and mod. Enter the FR-S. I loved this little car. Just like a go-cart. What was lacking, IMO, was power and I hated the small tires. Yes ... I could have put on bigger tires and wheels, but that would have robbed some of the power. Forced induction was not an option (for me) since the car was designed for NA.

Therefore ... the new Supra has everything (hopefully) that I crave. German and Toyota DNA. Forced induction. Relatively less expensive vs. 911s, Caymans (again hopefully) where I can mod the car with a clean conscience. Larger footprint and more power.

The FT-1 concept caught me eye. Hopefully the actual product will live up to the hype.

So, what's your story?

13. Supra93

Supra93 Moderator
    Staff Member

Car(s):
    Supra, RX7, and E500
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I was probably 12 at the time. My parents were going car shopping for my sister. I was wondering the dealership something nice and sliver caught my eye. At first I was like is this a Celica? Than a car salesman told me it was a Supra. I was like wow, one of these days I'm going to have one. He smiled and said you better start saving, its $25k.

So for 4 years I work any job I could. Now 16, and having saved up I started shopping. I found this local red clean title 93 TT auto with 112k on it. The seller original wanted $14k, but than went down to $12k. I told my dad; I have $8k saved up and you promised $3k for a down payment so I just need to borrow $1k. So he went to talk to my uncle about it. My uncle said Supras cost a lot to keep up with and its also pretty fast, just get the kid a Camry, and my dad agreed. I was so pissed.

So sometime went by and the F&F came out. Prices on these thing sky rocketed; it seem like I was no longer able to afford my dream car. I was on eBay one day and found this local 93 NA auto with 180k. It was in a wreck and had a rebuilt title, but it was the cheapest MK4 for sale. Just for fun I placed on it, and to my surprised I won. I went with my dad to pick it up. It was slow as hell, but it looked great. I wanted to do a GTE swap but was quoted $6k or so. All of my car buddies were like for that price you could just get a fast car. I ended up going through like 4 FDs. Back to the Supra; 11 years later I still have her. I really love Supras and I am really looking forward to seeing what a MK5 will be like.

vb22, gymratter and HKz like this.
  14. Sun Devil

Sun Devil Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    current: 2016 Audi A7 . Past: 996TT,997cab, 997TT, R8 V10, 13 FR-S
    Liked:
    @Supra93 ....

11 yrs? you are definitely dedicated to your Supra.

Supra93 likes this.
  15. HKz

HKz Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    FRS
    Liked:
    i love all cars & brands, and i always say if i had unlimited money i would buy one of every car out there...my pop was into cars especially from the jdms so naturally i followed that route..ive always loved japanese styling and all their quirks, and ive always appreciated their approach to engineering, especially from toyota & honda. the mk4 supra to me was the epitome of what a jdm halo car should be so naturally ive always looked forward to its successor especially after the ft1 concept. i am completely satisfied with the 86 twins but i do want something with generous power just to illogically have it on tap :innocent: