New (and old) members come say hello!

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by JT, Nov 23, 2014.

1. REVMK5

REVMK5 New Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Car(s):
    2017 Ford Mustang GT
    Liked:
    Hey guys,

New to the Supra community. Currently own a 17 Mustang GT and interested in owning the new MK5!

Supra93, gymratter and Captain_Kirk like this.
  2. carguy4ycc

carguy4ycc Member

First Name:
    Scott
    Car(s):
    (2) '98 Supras TT, '82 Supra, '91 MR2, '95 Tacoma, '91 NSX, '94 Celica GT, '20 Supra Launch on order.
    Liked:
    #212 Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    Hello All!
    First Off....HATS OFF to all that had a part in developing this website. Wish I would have found it way back when. Congrats, Great Job and Thanks!

Where to start...I'm 45, and Supras have been in my blood since I was 15. Although after spending time reading a lot of posts on this page, I'm not near as smart and educated on Supras as I thought I was. Guess I'm simple is all.

So, my dad bought me a Supra from a co worker of his when I was 15. Loved it. A bit rough, but wow. He was making payments to his co worker for it. Being just 15, I couldn't drive it yet. After it sitting for couple months in a near by parking lot, I decided to drive it to school illegally. Not of age, not licenced etc. I was "the stuff" making sure everyone saw me driving it. Until a chick turned me into the principal and it was all downhill from there. Dad eventually licenced it, we did a few trips together in it and I was in love. Was just about to turn 16 and guess what...dad couldn't afford it anymore and the co worker repoed it. Good learning experience I may add.

Parents divorced, low income housing etc.
    Barely graduated from high school. But had entrepreneur tendencies. Had several jobs during high school. Love for Supras continued, but driving a '80 Corolla 4 door, primer black with spray painted aluminum rims and 300k on it. Must be around 18 or 19 landed a job for a kind gentleman who taught me my current trade.

My first car loan, my first Supra...86.5 midnight blue, blue cloth interior, 5speed, non turbo with miles in the 60's. $6500. I forget my age, maybe 20 or so. Had it for several years. Loved it, Loved it, Loved it! Still today, I'm attracted to vehicles that are rare or not many of them on the road. The foreign sport cars such as Supras, RX-7, NSX, 300zx etc, the stuff in the mid to late '90's sure has a soft spot.

I forget my age, but was ready to purchase a new body style Supra. Living in an economically poor and depressed area, these cars weren't around my area. BUT...A local business owner had a '94 Supra, non turbo, black that I lusted for. Then, it came up for sale. Went to his house, to find it having low miles but he had abused the interior and the exterior. (No wonder the price was low) Boy was I bummed and pissed. He used it to go golfing and the car had massive scratches all through it....it needed an entire paint job. But still in my mid 20's seeing this car....body style, the cockpit (like almost like an airplane), the high wing, the tail lights, the body style, the potential chick magnet. You all know what I'm talking about. I passed on the car, because of the condition. But made me work hard to save more till I can find the right MKIV purchase.

Life happens...apartments, unwise spending, high balances on credit cards = NO SUPRA!

Got it together...Bought my first '94 Supra TT 6sp 40k miles. Had it for several years. Came into hard times at my business and sold it.
    After I saw what was going on with these cars and market on them (even 5 to10 years back), I bought and sold a couple of them. Buying stock ones, TT w/6spds. Had no trouble in marketing them.

Will try and wrap this...
    Bought a '98 TT black with 25k on it, that's all stock from a well known dealership that sells Supras about 8 years ago. Had it for a couple years. Used it in proposing to my wife. Ended up selling it to get down payment on a house....HUGE MISTAKE.
    Then bought another '98 TT red with 15k on it, that's all stock about 3 years ago, also from a know dealership. Mint condition and afraid to drive it.
    So, came up with the idea to try and buy the black one back that I had sold. Guess what, He sold it back to me. Paid an additional $8k more than what I had sold it to him for to. As we know market on these continue to sky rocket.

So...True Supra enthusiast here. Love them.
    Thoughts on the '20 Supra that's coming out? I need to bite my tongue. Hoping for the best. Not happy at all with all the BMW crap attached to it. Black Launch is on order, but ONLY due to my love for Supras.

This may have turned into a blog, so I'm sorry. It's awesome to read so many things on this site. We are all human behind these keyboard buttons with stories in life that builds who we all are.
    .......AND OUR LOVE FOR SUPRA's!

Will look forward to the next reads.
    Best to you all!

top 3.jpg

thebuster, Turbro, Supra93 and 9 others like this.
  3. Nordic

Nordic New Member

First Name:
    Holger
    Car(s):
    BMW X3M40i Confirmed order TOYOTA GR Supra LE
    Liked:
    Thanks for sharing. Awesome story!

Turbro, Captain_Kirk, Supra93 and 4 others like this.
  4. Miggie

Miggie New Member

First Name:
    Miguel
    Car(s):
    2005 Xterra (V8 Swapped)
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    first car was a 2009 nissan altima 2.5s, got tired of it being slow so upgraded to an 08 infiniti g37 which i modded a lot; had it for almost 7 years and sold it a couple of months ago. I have a 2005 nissan xterra with a v8 engine swap that will be my daily. I'm shopping for my next weekend car and this supra is on my list. can't wait to see what this car has in store for everyone.

28580128_1814357231916611_1380852664_o.jpg

29512860_10215608710191566_1527286139914813440_o.jpg

26777796577_cc121d4b09_o.jpg

57328067_660910194361897_980291826789384192_nm.jpg

52631641_374841050003063_6522863275925831680_n.jpg

5. Lifes_simple

Lifes_simple Member

Car(s):
    Toyota
    Liked:
    Toyota Master Technician
    #215 Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Hi guys as the title says, I'm new to this forum! I used to own a Mk3 Supra, then switched to an N/A 350z which I boosted, then sold that..now I'm living the lux. Style driving a Lexus lol. I have been with Toyota for 10 years and each dealer will have 1 Supra technician to work on the cars, I have plenty experience with major repairs AND have plenty experience in the modified industry due to my previous car. I'm hoping to help you guys out as well as get your help too! Feel free to ask me any questions as will I!!!!

Vaevictum, mas921, gymratter and 10 others like this.
  6. Toyotawild

Toyotawild Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Zach
    Car(s):
    07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
    Liked:
    Saweet. Man we could definitely use your help. I dont know who I speak for, but I know nothing about BMW and that worries me.
    All I can ask is to stay frequent on here we may really need your help. What kind of training have you received? I'm just very interested to learn this engine and platform

7. Lifes_simple

Lifes_simple Member

Car(s):
    Toyota
    Liked:
    Toyota Master Technician
    How's it going man! Of course, I'll definitely try my best to stay and keep up with the forum, the cars will be released very soon but training will not be until November-ish but after I get my hands on a few of these, I will be as much of a help as I can. I'm in the same boat as you as being sceptical of the whole bummer thing but with time comes knowledge so I'm looking forward to it.

8. RRKnight

RRKnight Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rocky
    Car(s):
    Lexus NCX200T F Sport
    Liked:
    Welcome aboard! Your assistance on this forum will be very much appreciated!

084runnerltd likes this.
  9. BRX

BRX Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Abdulla
    Car(s):
    Tundra, Celica, GT86
    Liked:
    For the 3-4 months or so (assuming training doesn't take long) from when customers start receiving their Supra's until there are certifiable technicians to work on them, what would happen if any of them face any issues? go to BMW? (I wish I was joking, but I'm not).

Powaup likes this.
  10. jtsang25

jtsang25 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    BMW 135i
    Liked:
    I was thinking the same. Do I install my dashcam at Toyota or BMW first because they know the electronics better as of this moment.

11. Lifes_simple

Lifes_simple Member

Car(s):
    Toyota
    Liked:
    Toyota Master Technician
    In all honesty, everything is a little blurry right now and vague until the car arrives in couple weeks, I will keep you guys posted as much as I can but as of now, I have no answer for that.

BRX likes this.
  12. 084runnerltd

084runnerltd Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jake
    Car(s):
    08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
    Liked:
    Financial Advisor
    Garage Profiles:
    Welcome,
    I would go to a car audio place....likely they will be familiar with BMW and Toyota’s and installing a dash cam is more about the fit and finish. Tapping into a car’s power supply is the easy part...making everything look good is where you need some patience.

What cam do you have? (I ordered the Blackvue dr900s-2 this morning...only thing I am missing is a car....)

Powaup likes this.
  13. jtsang25

jtsang25 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    BMW 135i
    Liked:
    Dont know which one to get yet. Still looking

084runnerltd likes this.
  14. s219

s219 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Doc
    Car(s):
    BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Honda S2000
    Liked:
    Make sure they are able to tap the camera power into the switched power, then use the Blackvue battery pack to handle any power when the vehicle is off. BMWs don't tolerate parasitic draw well -- bunch of folks on the M40i forums had issues when trying to tap into constant power for their cams.

15. Gremluc

Gremluc Active Member

First Name:
    Lou
    Car(s):
    2018 Jeep Wangler Unlimited Sahara & Chrysler Pacifica 2018
    Liked:
    Hi - I have a quick question, I would like to have the bar that extends behind the seats removed, easier for my dog to access the back. From what I have heard its not a structural piece. Anyway when you get some info on this could you post it. Thankyou - Lou