New (and old) members come say hello!

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by JT, Nov 23, 2014.

1. kmbkk

kmbkk Active Member

First Name:
    Kelly
    Car(s):
    '13 FRS
    Liked:
    Hi! I'm Kelly and new to the Supra. Currently driving a '13 FRS and am looking forward to seeing what this car is about and hopefully getting one. Until then I'll keep playing with my FRS

supraboi, johnny_10196, vb22 and 4 others like this.
  2. Spilner

Spilner Well-Known Member

First Name:
    earl
    Car(s):
    none
    Liked:
    I like Supras!

supraboi, MA617M, gymratter and 7 others like this.
  3. Tkoch86

Tkoch86 Active Member

First Name:
    Thomas
    Car(s):
    2016 FRS [Halo] now a Launch Edition GR Supra #1062
    Liked:
    Sales
    Garage Profiles:
    Hey new member, long time lurker. I work at a Toyota dealer here in St. Louis. Lifetime enthusiast.

20170901_183447.jpg

20170831_142158.jpg

20170804_143502.jpg

cooldude346, supraboi, kmbkk and 9 others like this.
  4. turboflgrl

turboflgrl Active Member

Car(s):
    Liked:
    #49 Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    New member from Florida & another long time Supra enthusiast. Husband has owned a beautiful hardtop MKIV for over 15 years now. I'd let him divorce me before I'd let him sell it :)

I planned to get one for myself now that I'm in a position to do so but want to wait out the MKV seeing as prices for the MKIV aren't in the same range they were a couple years ago. Looking forward to the potential reveal if it happens @ Tokyo.

supraboi, gymratter, Guff and 7 others like this.
  5. GT-Remi

GT-Remi Member

First Name:
    Remi
    Car(s):
    All
    Liked:
    Hello all! Been a long time lurker, probably since this forum was started. 7 more days until the Tokyo Motor Show, can't believe it's almost time and can't really say time went by quickly since the 2014 tease hahaha. Will Toyota disappoint?

6. DevonK

DevonK Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    TBD
    Liked:
    Greetings. The new Supra might well check off all the boxes for me - I have been searching for a few years for a sports/performance car that will put a grin on my face and keep it there. I have driven everything from a Camaro SS to a Miata ND, all cars with considerable strengths, but for me they have also had some negatives that have held me back from acquiring any of them.

Loving the size and general form factor of the Supra prototypes we've seen. I'll be looking to see if they can keep the weight down (ideally to about 3000 lbs) so the car can be light on its feet. Personally I have no interest in some hi-po $70k CAD version that will be a Corvette competitor; I'm hoping for a variant that will be a Z 370 - class sportscar coming in at no more than $50k CAD. One strong wish - a manual transmission with a good auto-blipping setup like the CivicType R's.

7. Red-hat

Red-hat Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Toyota 86
    Liked:
    Hey all. Just posting here to say hi, as there does not seem to be a new members sub-forum.

I'm a current Toyota 86 owner here in Australia. Keenly following the development of the new Supra since the FT-1 concept. If the new car is right, and I can afford it, the new Supra might just be my new car in a few years.

Anyway, thought I should introduce myself since I've been lurking for a while.

8. vb22

vb22 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    SC300
    Liked:
  9. Nic.CH

Nic.CH Member

First Name:
    Nicolas
    Car(s):
    Toyota Yaris GRMN, Toyota Corolla Levin 1600 GT (AE86), Toyota GT86
    Liked:
    IMG_20140829_061044(1)(1).jpg Bonjour a tous,

Je suis désolé, mais je ne parle pas anglais, seulement français. google traduction fait des miracle ^^.

Je viens de Suisse.

Je travail dans l'automobile et fan de Toyota. Mon père est agent Toyota.

Je me suis inscris ici, car je cherche la vérité sur la nouvelle futur Toyota sport.

supraboi, MotorFF, kmbkk and 8 others like this.
  10. Lexusisf

Lexusisf Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2009 Lexus-ISF
    Liked:
    Everything I read sounds so promising for the Supra. Too many manufacters got away from being a drivers car, adding more and more luxury features which added size and weight. I am currently looking for a change to my Lexus IS-F (V8 416hp). I test drove a few different cars recently, ex. the RC-F, and others, which come with lots of options and features, but felt heavy and not very dymamic. BMW went through this, listened and came out with the M2 which a great car. So here is hoping the $ go into the right areas and we get a fantastic new car that pays homage to the great history of the Supra and is a blast to drive!

11. tfoxyr

tfoxyr Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    suzuki swift sport
    Liked:
    The thing BMW did was pretty simple but pretty smart at the same time , let me explain. The past m3s were considered drivers cars to the bone with excellent performance despite being based on a sedan . The problem occured when the 3 series was getting bigger and heavier , so it lost its edge . BMW saw this and simply got what made the 3 series great back in the day and made a new car and named it 2 series ( m2) , that includes dimensions engines etc. If you see the dimensions weight etc of the past m3s and those of the m2 you will find many similarities . Of course the m2 was made with more sporty driving in mind from the beggining and not the other way around but the core thought about it was pretty simple if you ask me.
    About lexus , what can i say , i would pick bmw or mercedes turbo engines ove the lexus NA ones because the mileage is terrible and the performance is not great either . Now about toyota i sure hope so the car will be a blast to drive , but it is evident they didn't take into account the past supras or celicas , i tend to believe this car will be more of a hommage to the 2000gt.

johnny_10196 and Chuck Mason like this.
  12. DevonK

DevonK Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    TBD
    Liked:
    #57 Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    The problem with BMW's current lineup is that now you really have to pay to play if you want a new Bimmer that can be seriously considered a top-level driver's car.

Earlier mid-range cars like the E36 328i and the E46 330i used to be acclaimed for their handling and driving fun, even if they did not have the performance limits of their M brethren. That's no longer the case; reviewers have frequently lambasted the dull electric steering and groggy responses of the current-gen midrange cars, which are bigger and heavier and consequently have less agility. This even holds true for the 230i and M240i, so you are forced to pony up the big $ for the M2 if you want an Ultimate Driving Machine - and then you get a a car that according to some reviewers is too stiff for enjoyable daily-driver use.

13. tfoxyr

tfoxyr Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    suzuki swift sport
    Liked:
    When i heard about a new supra was being made with bmw i thought the toyota car would be closer to a small GT car like the 2 series because that is a trait of past supras and also it is considered the silver lining between performance and practicality of a daily driver and not a coupe bmw with a toyota badge on it . As for the 2 series , my honest opinion is that although the m2 is faster and sounds better than the m240i , i like the experience of the m240i more , because m2 feels more like racecar but maybe i am too soft haha. The 330i is also a very nice car in my opinion and is on my list as is the m240i .

14. SS09ER

SS09ER Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    RS13
    Liked:
    Hello ,new member here,Just sold my 200sx s13 and i'm looking forward for something new!I'm a atoyota fan too

15. lordsajj

lordsajj New Member

Car(s):
    Nissan GTR, Mercedes AMG GTS
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Hey, new member on the forum here, I've been a long time lurker of these forums and the general collaboration of Toyota and BMW on the J29 ever since the initial announcement. Finally decided to make an account as we're getting closer to the official reveal at Geneva of the racing concept. Possibly considering trading my GTR in for this car provided it is truly a supra worthy successor. Car is looking good so far from what I have seen, but I would've rather had Toyota make its own engine for this project. However, I am keeping my mind open so time shall tell! Here's my car:

rsz_dsc00329-2.jpg

cooldude346, supraboi, kmbkk and 8 others like this.