New Ford GT leaked?

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
2097311563850409377.jpg

Or it is a logo for the company's new Ford Performance division?

There have been rumblings that Ford could introduce a new GT at the North American International Auto Show, so it's interesting that the company has filed a new trademark which features an image of the iconic car.

Recently posted for opposition, the trademark features a "stylized ghosted speeding car" that is undoubtedly a GT. Unfortunately, the filing doesn't provide too many details as it covers various good and services including everything from ashtrays to brake fluid.

This could suggest the logo will be used on accessories from the new Ford Performance division but nothing is official as of yet. However, we could learn more when Ford takes over Joe Louis Arena on January 12th.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/115010286706/new-ford-gt-leaked
Sponsored

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
OP
OP
Supra93

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Ford's NAIAS stage map hints at a new GT, Shelby Mustang GT350R & F-150 SVT Raptor

5604082311097942671.jpg

The North American International Auto Show kicks off on Monday and it appears Ford will indeed use the event to introduce the new GT, Shelby Mustang GT350R and F-150 SVT Raptor.

According to stage map sent to Autoblog, Ford will show at least three new models which are codenamed Phoenix, Hummingbird 2 and F-150 SVT Raptor Teaser. The latter is pretty self explanatory as it will likely be a thinly veiled concept that previews the production model.

Hummingbird 2, on the other hand, is reportedly the Shelby Mustang GT350R. This seems to sense as a "Historic GT350R" is located nearby and the regular Shelby Mustang GT350 has already been introduced - thus the 2 designation.

Last but not least, the Phoenix is rumored to be the GT successor. Given its prime position and close proximately to a GT and GT40, we're inclined to agree.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/115010987038/fords-naias-stage-maps-hints-at-a-new-gt-shelby-mustang

supraninja

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKIV Supra
That's a huge display. Can't believe Ford is bringing back the GT.

OP
OP
Supra93

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Ford GT: This Is It

lwbrtpl6q9ep9vkffwai.png

vjv2vi1oqg9ibjyprwlc.png

qoodf0n9dagfje3cu3me.png

g5o6mjkr5n1pbsnfduax.png

leywrj9xzas34ubpyysj.png

http://jalopnik.com/ford-gt-this-is-it-1678893649

All-New Ford GT Supercar Arrives in 2016 with More than 600HP

Ford has unveiled the all-new GT supercar in Detroit, a mid-engined coupe that will go into production in 2016 powered by a new twin-turbocharged Ford EcoBoost V6 with more than 600 horsepower. Ford describes it as an "an ultra-high-performance supercar" that serves as a technology showcase for top EcoBoost performance, aerodynamics and lightweight carbon fiber construction.
Ford%2BGT.jpg

Ford-GT-9.jpg

Ford-GT-1.jpg

Ford-GT-2.jpg

Ford-GT-3.jpg

Ford-GT-4.jpg

Ford-GT-5.jpg

Ford-GT-6.jpg

Ford-GT-7.jpg

Ford-GT-8.jpg

Ford-GT-10.jpg

Ford-GT-11.jpg

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/all-new-ford-gt-supercar-arrives-in.html

Audio clip for everybody to listen to.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
I called the dealer to see what the price is and what it takes to get in line. I don't think he even knew about it! He said he will get back to me after he's done some research!!!!

Anyone know the MSRP, other than the rumored $140-$160K?

bballr35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Elise
I called the dealer to see what the price is and what it takes to get in line. I don't think he even knew about it! He said he will get back to me after he's done some research!!!!

Anyone know the MSRP, other than the rumored $140-$160K?
It hasn't been announced yet but I think that is a good guess based on what the old Ford GT has been/is selling for.

I'm pretty blown away by this car myself. The Supra can't get here fast enough...it's as drop dead gorgeous for a price I can actually afford!

OP
OP
Supra93

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
INh9pD3.jpg

Just for clarification Mark Reuss is the executive VP at GM.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
It hasn't been announced yet but I think that is a good guess based on what the old Ford GT has been/is selling for.
!
Ummm! I wish, or should I say you wish! ;)

The 2005/6 models with MSRP of about $150K are selling for $275K+, and if you were one of the lucky 300 who ordered the Heritage paint scheme for $13,000 your value is $475K to $500K!!!

Yowser, I'll buy two of them all day long if you can find them for me for $150K! ;) and take you to dinner for the next 30 days (and breakfast if you are a female type individual)!!!

Anothe rumor source estimates the MSRP of the new GT at over $240K!...it'll be a hard sell except if you are a collector and not a driver enthusiast, cause no matter how limited it is, it's still a Ford.

Last edited:

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
New GT is absolutely gawgeous.

I don't see how cars like the NSX or rumored mid-engined Corvette will even be able to compete.

Stunningly great design. I can't wait to drive one in the future.