All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
"All Z cars have amazing aftermarket support" :lol:
I had a twin turbo 370Z Nismo... aftermarket support was TERRIBLE when that car first came out.
Plus, given that I've already had a 370Z with twin turbos, upgraded, brakes/suspension... I have a very strong sense of been there done that with the new Z.

IF they keep the price down, sure it'll be a good value. But I just get the feeling that too many corners will be cut and too much is reused and too many of the old problems will still exist. I don't have much faith in Nissan and their past history of just slapping sticker kits on things to expect miracles that they overengineered parts vs using the same old weak parts to cut costs. Plus, everyone going gaga over it having a manual... the manual in the 370Z is not anything to write home about. It's solidly mediocre.

Lil Grey Supra

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Camaro - 427ci LSX turbo'd, 2016 RAM 2500, 2021 GR Supra 3.0 Prem
Engine oil temp and pressure would certainly be awesome to have in easily readable gauges I admit - but a boost gauge (yawn) there ain't no scramble button in the car so who cares. I don't autocross so again not sure I need the rear differential temp. Anyone notice the mock-up only goes to 20 (eye roll). What we need is a true transbrake and trans temp gauge :beer: coupled with extra money for twisted driveshafts, broken axles, and thrashed rear diffs.

Lvckv69

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Diesel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 911
Buy Supra now or wait for 400z/Z

I'm in the market of buying a new car since I totaled my '17 370z two weeks ago after owning it for 4 years. Bought it new I decided not to purchase a new since new Z is coming out this year, if not early next year. I have been checking out the 3.0 Supra's. After finding out that the newer models have their ecu locked, it is a huge let down for me as I have always tuned my cars. This must be one of the reasons why I keep seeing a lot of used Supra's on sale. Now with the new Z coming around the corner I can't wait to see how these two cars will do performance wise. Nissan will be taking orders starting in November. I'm sure there will be a lot of you guys jumping into the Z wagon.
Sponsored