All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Ive owned two 370Zs and enjoyed them, but always liked the Supra. Iā€™m glad Nissan FINALLY updated the platform and welcome the 400Z to the sports car family. I couldnā€™t wait for the Z, I like the Supra, and I actually like the BMW partnership. No matter what happens, I wonā€™t regret the Supra for the Z. Unless the Z has a really great cup holder. Man, the cup holder guy on the Supra design team must have been sleeping.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
So it's going to look 99.9% like the Z proto, shocker... and we all know what's under that hood. Nissan, just tell us pricing and trim levels already!

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan can definitely make an impact in the sports car world and inside their company with this car. If they price this in the $34-36k starting price tag with a 400+HP/TQ V6 TT engine and offer a manual 6 speed option, they will have a winner in their hands IMO. Toyota has their story of why they went the route they did in regards to the new Supra.

However, look at what Chevy has done with the new Corvette. Everyone deemed the new Corvette would be closer to the $100k+/- before it was officially revealed, car starts at $59k. Nissan has a mess inside their company they are trying to clean up. They need to learn from their past internal mistakes and the mistakes their competitors are currently going thru with similar products. The grill didn't sell me at first but like the Supra, I'm sure it looks much better in person than pics/videos. At the moment they do have my interest.

1610738783775.png

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I largley feel like the color is what throws the design off. The yellow doesnt show any of the body lines. I saw a render in a dark blue and a white and the car looks WAY better. The grill makes more sense and makes the car look way more aggressive. The yellow is just too pastelish for me and throws everything off.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
As a former 350Z owner, to me, the best thing about the 400Z is that it's using a turbo again. I always felt the biggest drawback of the 350Z and its successors was the VQ35/37 engine. I know it's won awards but it was pretty much impossible to tune. Bolt-ons did zip, but adding a turbo seemed to cause all kinds of problems. Pretty frustrating to deal with that lump when Nissan clearly knows how to make legendary motors like the RB26DETT.

Also disappointing that Nissan let the 370Z wither on the vine for 10 years. The time to do this was perhaps 10 years ago. From a business standpoint, I get it: the investment will go into SUVs and the range-topping GT-R (also very long in the tooth), but the Z has long been the orphan in the Nissan family.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Just been staying low key, needed time to recover from certain disappointments. This thread did catch my interest enough to post about it. Hopefully Nissan brings something exciting to the table
I wonder what disappointment you are referring to? :hmm:?

Same here, I might be buying my 1st Nissan in 2022.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Not specific to 400z, but new product LIVE reveal:

Sponsored