All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't they 15-20K each on the NISMO?
Right! The link quotes him saying, “The brakes are the same as the R35 GT-R」says Smokey Nagata“

Again though, these are desperate times for car makers....Nissan might make it happen.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Right! The link quotes him saying, “The brakes are the same as the R35 GT-R」says Smokey Nagata“

Again though, these are desperate times for car makers....Nissan might make it happen.
If this is true, those NISMO owners are going to be pissed

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Although I am a HUGE Nissan and Z fan (owned quite a few Z’s actually)....a ~$45k Twin Turbo Z making 400hp with that modern of an interior, all while being built in Japan....something’s gotta give. Let’s hope the reliability/durability department isn’t “defunded” with this new management like Ghosn’s management did.
That 'something' is probably the fact that it's built on a very old and outdated platform.

What I'm worried about is how much this thing will weigh, the 370Z with a manual transmission and its bare bones interior. is already around the same weight as the Supra 3.0, which has an extremely rigid chassis, a lot sound insulation, a well made interior and an automatic transmission. I can't imagine this new Z will be lighter than the old one, which is already car that has problems with handling its own weight.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
For the sake of less CUVs Nissan and Toyota should have collaborated together for a sub Z & 86 sports car.
I could see this as being a thing as well. Nissan needs a new 2+2 RWD Silvia coupe.

Or... if Mitsubishi weren’t in such terrible shape they should jointly develop with Nissan a new Starion alongside a new RWD 2+2 Silvia.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
That would be sweet, but sadly I think Nissan and Toyota have too much pride to reach across the aisle. :/
Sadly I agree. They probably won’t collaborate on any sports car. It’s a sad thing since it will be much harder to produce a car like the Silvia at an acceptable price point in a few years.

I do see Toyota continuing to collaborate with Subaru and possibly with Mazda. Toyota and Honda seemed to gave some sort of technology agreement a while back that was related to batteries and/or hydrogen tech so perhaps that is also a possibility.

Nissan however I don’t see realistically collaborating on a sportscar with anyone. They should but I doubt they will. They’re slowly pulling away from Renault. I’d love to see them collaborate with Mitsubishi on a new 2+2 RWD coupe to create a new Silvia and Starion but that is also very unlikely.

Going further out on a limb, a tie-up or in-house effort to develop a new Pulsar GTI-R, Bluebird SSS sedan, Stagea station wagon AS an actual non-crossover station wagon, March or Micra Super-Turbo, RWD Cedric, and/or a Skyline much smaller, simpler and driver-focused like the R32‘s, 33’s and 34’s would be amazing. I can dream.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Rumors coming out of this show was that the car was going to almost identical to what we see here.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I've always been a Z fan and I'm glad it's back. But... for someone who grew up with the 300ZX, 3000GT, RX-7, NSX, MR2 and Supra, I'm glad I went with the Supra this time around.
Sponsored