New Recall: Headlights May Become Inoperable (w/ Details and Fix)

OP
OP
stickyrice

stickyrice

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 1993 Nissan 240sx
Update: The issue seems to be a malfunctioning Headlight ECU. If you're experiencing the issue, I'd recommend having the car . serviced by a tech as the Headlight ECU will need to be replaced and calibrated to the main ECU of the vehicle.

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
that's not a new recall. It looks like they assigned a permanent number to it.

OP
OP
stickyrice

stickyrice

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
that's not a new recall. It looks like they assigned a permanent number to it.
It's a fairly recent recall as it was posted the 26th. Just wanted to share the little information I had on a new thread that highlighted the specific issue.

Eatumup

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra2020
Go buy a new horn and have them replace it while they fix this recall, since they have to remove components anyway. My dealer said ok and will charge 69 dollars. I provided the horn

OP
OP
stickyrice

stickyrice

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Go buy a new horn and have them replace it while they fix this recall, since they have to remove components anyway. My dealer said ok and will charge 69 dollars. I provided the horn
Haha! Our horns are extremely wimpy! Lol.

Eatumup

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra2020
Just out of curiosity, did you have a recalled A90 and Toyota was able to successfully fix your recalled headlight issue?

They are waiting for a special tool which is on loan to other dealers in the region. Waiting for them to call me back. Although i am having issues with the parking sensors during the cars boot up which they say should be fixed with the recall of the headlights. The horn replacement is the low frequency version of the one currently in the car. The dealers mechanic and service manager said they would replace the oem horn with the one I purchased at NAPA during the recall repair.

OP
OP
stickyrice

stickyrice

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They are waiting for a special tool which is on loan to other dealers in the region. Waiting for them to call me back. Although i am having issues with the parking sensors during the cars boot up which they say should be fixed with the recall of the headlights. The horn replacement is the low frequency version of the one currently in the car. The dealers mechanic and service manager said they would replace the oem horn with the one I purchased at NAPA during the recall repair.
It's a pain, but, what else can we expect when we buy the first model of a brand new car.
Sponsored