New to Supra - seeking tuning opions

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hi all. Just purchased a 2020 supra with 3k on the clock. Like all I'm immediately looking to tune it.

I have completed a fair amount of research and am sort of stuck between two option I was hoping to gain a few opinions on.

First know I live in Dallas Texas.

Option 1: PRT performance - a company by the name PRT performance here locally (which I found off this forum) is offer
- downpipe - titan motorsports
- tune - 3 tunes with E50 - ecutek
- flex fuel kit - zeitronix flex kit
- installed.
- price ~ $2800

Option 2: Speed industry -

- Speed Industry Downpipe
- Ecutek Package with Flex Fuel Tune - Bluetooth
- Visconti Flex Fuel Kit
- price ~ 2700 (I have to install)

Just wondering if some of you guys have personal experience with either of the tuners or different flex fuel kits. Love the idea of local tuner and have them install. But at the same time I'd have to drive to them for updates.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Hi all. Just purchased a 2020 supra with 3k on the clock. Like all I'm immediately looking to tune it.

I have completed a fair amount of research and am sort of stuck between two option I was hoping to gain a few opinions on.

First know I live in Dallas Texas.

Option 1: PRT performance - a company by the name PRT performance here locally (which I found off this forum) is offer
- downpipe - titan motorsports
- tune - 3 tunes with E50 - ecutek
- flex fuel kit - zeitronix flex kit
- installed.
- price ~ $2800

Option 2: Speed industry -

- Speed Industry Downpipe
- Ecutek Package with Flex Fuel Tune - Bluetooth
- Visconti Flex Fuel Kit
- price ~ 2700 (I have to install)

Just wondering if some of you guys have personal experience with either of the tuners or different flex fuel kits. Love the idea of local tuner and have them install. But at the same time I'd have to drive to them for updates.

Thanks in advance.
I have the visconti flex fuel kit. It is very well put together. You get a wiring harness that is mostly plug and play. Only thing that is not plug and play is the fact you have to pull 3 interior trim pieces out and pop out 2 wires to connect to can data link for the car. It takes about 2 hours or so to install that kit if you wanna make things look nice. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars, because instructions can be a little confusing.

I bought the twisted tuning downpipe and got a tune through him. The downpipe quality is great. His tunes are pretty good but he is a super busy guy so it tasks a little bit to get dialed in if you are just doing it though email. I might drive out by him next year since my car is now put away for the winter and have him tune it on his dyno. I'd recommend him if you don't mind waiting a couple days for a new file.

OP
OP

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah - Defiantly want this thing to stay CLEAN. I have not yet come across "Twisted Tuning". I will have to look them up.

Wonder if anyone knows the difference between these two Flex fuels.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
While I don't have experience with either of these Tuners, I do have experience with MHD. It's an incredibly easy and seemless process with great OTS maps. (Their maps are a bit lower on power but safer for the engine/trans, when I say lower on power I mean just a little bit lower, not a lot).

Step 1: Find out if you need to have your ECU bench unlocked. If it's already unlocked, you can get an MHD tune incredibly easily

Step 2: Buy the MHD Wifi adapter for the Supra from Burger Motorsports, then buy an MHD Super license for the Supra from MHDs website.

Step 3: Once your wifi adapter comes in, plug it into the OBD II port, put the car into Diagnostic mode by pressing the ignition button 3 times, then go into the MHD app and flash an OTS map of choice depending on your build. It's that easy....

Step 4: Email MHD and ask about a custom tune if you want more after you've experienced the OTS maps.

MHD didn't have the best tunes for the Supra when this platform first came out, and they are a bit slow to update to the latest and greatest, but their tunes are safe and make great power. My car made 443 whp and 522 wtq with just a downpipe on 93 octane.

Just saying, this can be done from your home with just an Android phone, iPhone, and the WiFi adapter + Tuning license. Just get a downpipe installed and do the above if this sounds like a route you'd like to take.

OP
OP

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That's helpful info.
Why the craze about ecutek?
What do I do about a flex tune?

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Yeah - Defiantly want this thing to stay CLEAN. I have not yet come across "Twisted Tuning". I will have to look them up.

Wonder if anyone knows the difference between these two Flex fuels.
Twisted tuning is a sponsor on this forum. He has a doc racing kit on his supra with posted dyno sheets. He also has been designing things for the supra like driveshafts and mounts.

I have experience with 2 flex fuel kits. Visconti and Twisted tuning stealth kit.

Both come with the same sensor and zeitronix box. Both have options for ethanol gauge.

Imo Visconti flex kit is far superior because of the wiring harness and custom fuel line that comes with the kit.

Twisted has some very nice fuel connectors that come with his kit and instructions are easy to follow. With his fuel connectors you don't need a custom fuel hose you can use the stock one. My biggest thing I didn't like about his was the way he wants it wired up. He has you use wire taps which I find unreliable for may reasons.

According to Visconti with Ecutek they can hijack your infotainment center for your ethanol gauge, but I don't know what is all entailed with that.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
That's helpful info.
If you're replying to my post about MHD, MHD has OTS flex fuel maps. You would just need to get the Fuel-it Flex fuel analyzer Bluetooth kit from Burger Motorsport and install this as well, then spend $4.99 on the Fuel It App and it gives you a live up-to-date readout of what your current Ethanol blend is. It even has a nice calculator that tells you how much E and how much 93 to fill in the tank to reach your blend percentage goal.

The Fuel It kit is also stupid easy to install, it took me about 40 minutes by myself in my garage.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
That's helpful info.
I really don't know anything about other tuning platforms but I'll tell you what I know about ecutek.

Biggest thing I know of is the racerom. You can have several different tunes and change them on the fly. Many videos out there on this feature.

It seems like ecutek has more support. They keep adding things that can be done.

You can adjust berbles and pops with the app. Talk to your tuner and they can setup a dashboard for your app that has parameters you wanna see when you are driving. You can datalog with your phone and send logs that way.

Like I said before I'm not sure what other platforms can do now, but when ecutek came out and within a couple updates it was way better than the other options out there.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I really don't know anything about other tuning platforms but I'll tell you what I know about ecutek.

Biggest thing I know of is the racerom. You can have several different tunes and change them on the fly. Many videos out there on this feature.

It seems like ecutek has more support. They keep adding things that can be done.

You can adjust berbles and pops with the app. Talk to your tuner and they can setup a dashboard for your app that has parameters you wanna see when you are driving. You can datalog with your phone and send logs that way.

Like I said before I'm not sure what other platforms can do now, but when ecutek came out and within a couple updates it was way better than the other options out there.
ecutek allows for the most configuration, is the most supported by tuners, and allows for the most flexibility for tunes. It will control PI, Nitrous, Big Turbos, Meth, etc. Far far more flexible than the other solutions. PC vs Mac/Android vs. iPhone, etc. Sure MHD is pretty and incredibly user-friendly, but you can't really get in there to dial in a tune.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Ecutek hands down would be my choice. The fastest a90 use ecutek and if you want full flex fuel or decide to add port injection and the reflex controller Ecutek is gonna be the only way to go. Visconti flex fuel kit integrates with Ecutek, not sure about the zeitronix flex kit, it might only read the ethanol content and not adjust the tune.

As far as tuners, The big names Botti, Marin, Payne, Goosetuned, Twisted, and Visconti are all good tuners but I went with Mikey Botti and have been very happy with his tunes.

OP
OP

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Ecutek hands down would be my choice. The fastest a90 use ecutek and if you want full flex fuel or decide to add port injection and the reflex controller Ecutek is gonna be the only way to go. Visconti flex fuel kit integrates with Ecutek, not sure about the zeitronix flex kit, it might only read the ethanol content and not adjust the tune.

As far as tuners, The big names Botti, Marin, Payne, Goosetuned, Twisted, and Visconti are all good tuners but I went with Mikey Botti and have been very happy with his tunes.

Thanks for the clarification. I will certainly be adding port injection and turbo. I have nitrous kit lying around also from my LS I took off. I would like to run a 100 shot with the stock turbo and e50 tune. Have not seen a ton of people running b nitrous on these cars?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the clarification. I will certainly be adding port injection and turbo. I have nitrous kit lying around also from my LS I took off. I would like to run a 100 shot with the stock turbo and e50 tune. Have not seen a ton of people running b nitrous on these cars?
There are a ton of people running nitrous on these cars, but you can get into the 9s relatively easily all boost. The ECS 1000hp supra is all boost as well.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
There are a few running stock turbo + e50 + nitrous and I think 9.4x is the record for that combo. If you follow the a9x drag group on Facebook there are quite a few guys that run it.

here's one just to give you an idea. I've spoke with him at the track and does alot of grudge racing where he's from.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There are a few running stock turbo + e50 + nitrous and I think 9.4x is the record for that combo. If you follow the a9x drag group on Facebook there are quite a few guys that run it.

here's one just to give you an idea. I've spoke with him at the track and does alot of grudge racing where he's from.

Yeah, Boostin Performance is local to me, and test and tune at the track I go to (GLD). They old the record for stock turbo. They use a big old shot.
Sponsored