Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
5 races a week!? Normal driving!? What is this, fantasy land?

5 races a season. The rest of its life it lives on the lift, next to these other non-race cars.

Let’s line em up. You can have lane choice.

IMG_8510.jpeg

IMG_8222.jpeg
You’re a serious racer, I assumed you’re just some kid trying to rationalize not knowing how to really drive. People spend big money on smaller time improvements than an automatic provides so I get every little bit counts. But I am a prioritize the maximizing of a back road kind of guy. The gains provided by an automatic are a net neg to me, no point getting somewhere faster if it’s automated.

At some point soon a Tesla or equivalent will be able to line up without a driver and bang off 8sec quarters, is that really racing? If satisfaction is drawn from pushing your and the machine’s limits is there not a point where satisfaction is diminished if it is just a capability demonstration of what a computer can do and the human is just along for the ride. We have the next millennium to be chauffeured around by iPhones, I will celebrate real driving as long as I can. I’m not even a fan of traction control even if it is a net societal benefit

Last edited:

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
IMG_9140.png

John sweet private message to me, what a character he is…
Lol you like to sling it but get emotional when returned…. figures. I have learned a few things in life with one being anybody who calls them self “BigBoss” is most assuredly neither big nor a boss.

take this before I ignore you going forward, your fragility is just a victory for me. I could care less about you and your drivel but I have clearly upset you without even trying.

• Haha
Reactions: bk5

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Back on to the topic of this thread. Toyota GR race team members at Tokyo Auto Salon talked about the new AT in the updated Yaris. It's different than others in that when it goes into manual mode and they use the paddles it will stay in the gear they choose. Part of it might be media play, but when they were updating the car the drivers said it gave them the ability to focus on other aspects of driving rather than manual shifting. @Crypto79 no cares you like to drive manual always the stupidest person in the room that needs to be the loudest. We get it you like it. You like playing with a knob. You literally say everyone prioritizes different things AT or MT. Then every time a AT post comes up you have to shit on the post and ram your opinion down everyone's throat.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Hoping Crypto79 has a serious motor issue and or burnt clutch soon. The world needs fewer troll enthusiasts of his kind. No loss. I laugh when bad things happen to asshat so called enthusiasts who do nothing but spout filth on a forum. No loss at all.........

This forum needs to remove every post he has made. No need to have others exposed to such shite.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Who the women or the cripples?

jokes aside the Supra isn’t a race car, don’t come looking for legacy transmissions while shying away from every EV and mussel car out there. It simply isn’t that fast in a sea of performance cars. I would have bought the 4cylinder is that was the only one that came with a stick. We just prioritize different things. But even if you get in 5 races a week you are still normal driving 99% of the time. I’ll give up idiot proofing launches and advantageous torque multiplication from too many gears for engagement for that 99%. I would also prefer no turbo and 1500 extra revs. But with two kids about to go college, a GT3 just isn’t in the works.
i’m celebrating!!!!! good riddance!!! haha nerd!!!! @itsbassi

IMG_6029.png

and this thread is from 2019? there’s an automatic GR yaris? WHAT

Last edited:

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
That was Guff or TJ, but yeah let's please get back on topic.

I watched this last night, and am more annoyed than ever that we can't get the GR Yaris here in the states. They made so many improvements to an already amazing car, and given a choice between the Yaris and Supra, I'd pick the Yaris. It's too hilarious of a car to not own if given the chance! Yeah, I could have a GR Corolla tomorrow if I wanted, but it's just not the same..

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
It's good that Toyota are still out there improving and selling performance cars.

If I didn't already have my Mk 1 Yaris and spent some money modifying it, I'd be interested, but for now I'm happy with what I have.

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
I watched this last night, and am more annoyed than ever that we can't get the GR Yaris here in the states.
Toyota will bring those updates over to the GR Corolla. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make further improvements to the GRC that the GR Yaris won't see until next generation.

I know "it's not the same" but it's close enough. If the USA received the GRY, it wouldn't sell.