Updated GR Yaris with Automatic debuts at Tokyo Auto Salon

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 GT86, 2019 Supra A90edition, 2020 GR Yaris CP
LOL, couldn’t start it initially, automatically put my foot on brake pedal instead of clutch pedal when pressing the start button, had to ask a mechanic, yet always press the clutch pedal when starting the Aygo with a key........:werd:

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Today I test drove a GR Yaris Circuit Pack, If you've put a deposit down you will not be disappointed.

The engine is a cracker, gearbox excellent, clutch took a minute or 2 to get used to coming from mainly auto cars.

If there is a bad point, it was trying to keep it within the legal speed limits.

Mine's due next week, can't wait.
It sounds fantastic and very special! Congratulations on getting yours in the queue!

The GR Corolla for North America had better have *every single piece of hardware* the GR Yaris comes with standard and optional with the only penalty being a bit more weight, a longer wheelbase and two more doors. Either that or we revise our vehicle importation laws to something far more reasonable... which is about as likely to happen as ostriches flying.

Galerion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Yaris
After a few hiccups mine is finally here :cool:
I just couldn't stop grinning today and the car attracted quite a few interested looks and compliments.

I also must say that the pearl white is quite an interesting color. Sometimes it looks like a normal white but when I parked the car in the garage I really thought. Wow what a stunning paint job. It really depends a lot on the lighting. I guess in the summer it will really get to shine.

dz6QWHa.jpg

Xg9YeGn.jpg

xkVc43E.jpg

WTUcCh5.jpg

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stunning, Galerion!! I hope you get to have some fun with it once you’re past the break-in mileage :)

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
After a few hiccups mine is finally here :cool:
I just couldn't stop grinning today and the car attracted quite a few interested looks and compliments.

I also must say that the pearl white is quite an interesting color. Sometimes it looks like a normal white but when I parked the car in the garage I really thought. Wow what a stunning paint job. It really depends a lot on the lighting. I guess in the summer it will really get to shine.

dz6QWHa.jpg

Xg9YeGn.jpg

xkVc43E.jpg

WTUcCh5.jpg
Saw you on Piston heads forum :thumbsup:

Galerion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Yaris
Saw you on Piston heads forum :thumbsup:
Aye. Hi there. Yeah Im part of quite a few forums but at the moment Piston Heads is definitely most active community around the car that I have found.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anybody know what happened to the Intercooler spray and associated reservoir? Haven't hear anyone speak of it and haven't seen pics of it in the production spec. @Galerion can you have a peep and see if there is any leftover provision for it in the trunk (plumbing etc.)?

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It wouldn’t surprise me if a partial intercooler water spray system and even partial anti-lag plumbing are on some model trim of this vehicle even if only on the Circuit Pack versions or perhaps only on a GRMN edition.

That is what was done on all the WRC package ST185 and ST205 Celica GT-Fours.

Galerion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Yaris
Anybody know what happened to the Intercooler spray and associated reservoir? Haven't hear anyone speak of it and haven't seen pics of it in the production spec. @Galerion can you have a peep and see if there is any leftover provision for it in the trunk (plumbing etc.)?
As far as know that IC spray is a Japan only thing currently just like they are the only place where you can get all the convenience and performance features on the same car. Your post made me curious and I did take another look under the trunk. Here are some pics.

IMG_20201209_205913.jpg

IMG_20201209_205750.jpg

IMG_20201209_205820.jpg

So from the look of things they are two unused plugs in there but that's pretty much it. If you want to retrofit the IC Spray the rest of the work will probably have to be on you.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It wouldn’t surprise me if a partial intercooler water spray system and even partial anti-lag plumbing are on some model trim of this vehicle even if only on the Circuit Pack versions or perhaps only on a GRMN edition.

That is what was done on all the WRC package ST185 and ST205 Celica GT-Fours.
Hehe part of the reason why I asked.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
Was lucky enough to take this for an impromptu quick drive this arvo

IMG_6128_LI.jpg

This car is completely nuts (I'm being polite):headbang: the internet hype isn't overstated

IMG_6131.jpg

We only get the top spec here & at $55K its not bad value :cool:

IMG_6129(1).jpg

I placed an order on Tuesday but it still hasn't been confirmed, there are only 100 coming to NZ & at that stage 85 were spoken for, so fingers crossed

IMG_6130(1).jpg

It will be my partners shopping trolley :thumbsup:
Well my GR Yaris was finally confirmed yesterday :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Won't be here until May-June though :oops:

So yesterday I brought a Black ZR Yaris for my partner for Xmas :)

It might be a little late, but at least there was a black one in the country for her so we will have two black Yaris's :)
Sponsored