Updated GR Yaris with Automatic debuts at Tokyo Auto Salon

ayau

First Name
ayau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F1 fitty
What are the tuning options for the GR Yaris? Ecutek?
Sponsored

ayau

First Name
ayau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F1 fitty
I'm not sure, the platform is so new ?

I will be interested to see if there is

I wasn't going to modify my one...Nek Minite :rofl: :rofl: :)
I saw a few tuned GR Yaris videos, so I assume tuning options are available already.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Pretty certain it'll run a more traditional Toyota ECU and not BMW.
I just meant that I hope the level of security lockdown seen with the Supra MKV ECUs isnā€™t something Toyota also plans to implement with their own in-house ECUs.

ayau

First Name
ayau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F1 fitty
I just meant that I hope the level of security lockdown seen with the Supra MKV ECUs isnā€™t something Toyota also plans to implement with their own in-house ECUs.
I was implying it probably won't be as locked due to it being a Japanese branded ECU. The ECUs are usually just made from an OEM supplier. Probably Denso? I don't think Toyota has much to say in terms of security of the ECU.

The Supra is just using a BMW ECU as far as I can tell. Most Euro ECUs have more security controls in place. The Type R Bosch ECU was the same and required physical access to jailbreak.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
Toyota ECUs are renowned as being nigh uncrackable. The 86 and 2020 MkVs get away because they are Subaru and BMW/Bosch ECUs

ayau

First Name
ayau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F1 fitty
Toyota ECUs are renowned as being nigh uncrackable. The 86 and 2020 MkVs get away because they are Subaru and BMW/Bosch ECUs
Having physical access to the ECU will greatly increase the attack surface. I think itā€™s just a matter of demand and willingness for someone to break in.

ayau

First Name
ayau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F1 fitty
Crazy how much a difference front and rear LSDs can make. I think Iā€™ll only buy the Corolla if it also comes with the Circuit Pack.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
Crazy how much a difference front and rear LSDs can make. I think Iā€™ll only buy the Corolla if it also comes with the Circuit Pack.

The tyres are gonna be a massive chunk of that time difference.