New Toyota Supra shown to EU dealers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikispeed

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
Saw the real car yesterday in Denmark. Akio Toyota presented it to the European dealers.
It looks ok and pretty much like expected. The only information we got was it has 340horses, has a Toyota Engine and will debut in 2019.
That’s all. But yes it looks not like the FT1 more like the red car scatch on this side. The front bumper is a bit different. No pictures sorry, they took all our cameras!
Oh and there will be a GRMN Version coming too at some point with probably a little more thrust!
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
hmm, so it sounds like the base model will be the original 340hp 6cyl and the 385hp one is the GRMN (which isn't too suprising I suppose). I wonder if that means that they dropped the 4cyl, which would explain why the latest spec-A car sounded like it had a 6cyl in the spy videos...

now, the pricing debate gets far more interesting.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Saw the real car yesterday in Denmark. Akio Toyota presented it to the European dealers.
It looks ok and pretty much like expected. The only information we got was it has 340horses, has a Toyota Engine and will debut in 2019.
That’s all. But yes it looks not like the FT1 more like the red car scatch on this side. The front bumper is a bit different. No pictures sorry, they took all our cameras!
Oh and there will be a GRMN Version coming too at some point with probably a little more thrust!
toyota engine...?

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
hej välkommen, a couple of questions for the car , will it be offered in 4 cyl as well and is it a 2+2?

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
hmm, so it sounds like the base model will be the original 340hp 6cyl and the 385hp one is the GRMN (which isn't too suprising I suppose). I wonder if that means that they dropped the 4cyl, which would explain why the latest spec-A car sounded like it had a 6cyl in the spy videos...

My guess is the GRMN is out for NISMO blood
PicsArt_11-28-05.59.33.jpg

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Eh? The real car?

I have heard similar things... :yes:

OP
OP
Nikispeed

Nikispeed

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
hej välkommen, a couple of questions for the car , will it be offered in 4 cyl as well and is it a 2+2?
Hi, thanks. They did not say anything about the capacity or cylinders of the engine, neither the amount of seats. Just the power output. And the car was far away and it was moved on a rollerbed out within 2 minutes we saw it. It was gunmetal grey.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
kind of odd to show dealers the car this early in the development cycle given the release date, but I guess weirder things have happened.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Hi, thanks. They did not say anything about the capacity or cylinders of the engine, neither the amount of seats. Just the power output. And the car was far away and it was moved on a rollerbed out within 2 minutes we saw it. It was gunmetal grey.
Most important question of all...is she sexy?

OP
OP
Nikispeed

Nikispeed

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
Most important question of all...is she sexy?
Honestly I was a bit disappointed, because you expect something sexy like the FT1, but it was very similar to the red car below. The front fenders were not sexy. The rear was sexy. The front is a bit different then on the red car. It had LED headlights. Oh and it is called SUPRA not Celica.

4BEAA1C4-39F0-4DFC-B527-D6A128EE2A27.jpeg

0E6818CD-0C05-437B-9B26-BA989C8111FC.jpeg

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Honestly I was a bit disappointed, because you expect something sexy like the FT1, but it was very similar to the red car below. The front fenders were not sexy. The rear was sexy. The front is a bit different then on the red car. It had LED headlights. Oh and it is called SUPRA not Celica.

How different was the front?

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS

expected of course....well there are plenty of renderings with the LED headlights but how different are the front intake & grill?

4645.png

Status
Not open for further replies.