Redesigned 2022 WRX Premiere Teased

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I'm holding out for hope that STI will be 399hp or more. Probably shouldn't hold my breath after seeing these figures though.
You must be new to Subaru lol. The WRX was "supposed" to get 300 horsepower, and they added...... 3! Same will be for the STI. 320, 330 at most. Certainly not more than their $65k S209 edition model which has 345.
Subaru does this eeeeeeeevery generation. Builds a gorgeous concept, then neuters it into a Corolla with a wing.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Iā€™ve owned many generations of WRX/STI, but this car is a fail for me. i really donā€™t like all the cheap looking plastic cladding. The rear is terrible. It looks like a Civic with a buttplug.

So they added a larger displacement motor but it ended up witth only 3hp and the same torque as the previous gen WRX. On top of that the new WRX 2.4 engine thatā€™s in other Subaruā€˜s actually makes a lot more torque in those other models. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s neutered for the crappy CVT in the WRX?

And the new GT trim, which is the enthusiast trim with Recaro seats and the only WRX model with adaptive dampers only comes with the CVT only. Same with Eyesight. CVT only.

WTF Subaru. The new Hyundai Elantra N Line will have more HP and way more TQ and has a 6 speed manual and 8 speed DCT. Who would have thought the Hyundai Elantra would have a better car than the legendary WRX? Crazy.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Iā€™ve owned many generations of WRX/STI, but this car is a fail for me. i really donā€™t like all the cheap looking plastic cladding. The rear is terrible. It looks like a Civic with a buttplug.

So they added a larger displacement motor but it ended up witth only 3hp and the same torque as the previous gen WRX. On top of that the new WRX 2.4 engine thatā€™s in other Subaruā€˜s actually makes a lot more torque in those other models. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s neutered for the crappy CVT in the WRX?

And the new GT trim, which is the enthusiast trim with Recaro seats and the only WRX model with adaptive dampers only comes with the CVT only. Same with Eyesight. CVT only.

WTF Subaru. The new Hyundai Elantra N Line will have more HP and way more TQ and has a 6 speed manual and 8 speed DCT. Who would have thought the Hyundai Elantra would have a better car than the legendary WRX? Crazy.
Right when fans came around to the current WRX too, very weird

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
$35k for the Premium WRX (manual) and $43K for the WRX GT. Both come with 271HP.

so the Sti will be somewhere around $45k start. The Nissan Z sounds like a bargain now. ?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Yeah it's ridiculous. I bought my 2015 STI new for 33k, it had a sticker of 38k, and had EVERYTHING on it, except a sunroof and leather. I wanted the Alcantara seats so that worked out. Having said that, the STI is an amazing car, especially if you live in a heavy snow area.

Is the WRX worth that money? Absolutely not.
Sponsored