News, Updates, and Discussions on next-gen A100 Supra

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Surprisingly similar design cues, but also vaguely TT-ish which was a hot item back then.

It’s kinda like a hobby kit, they give you that block of wood and you carve out the lines for the current GR by subtracting material.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I'm happy this thread was brought back from the dead. A70, what was Lexus doing with this LFA?

They are testing the transaxle widebody variant of the Supra, the LFA is being used since it uses a transaxle and has a longer wheelbase to compensate for the wider track to achieve the golden ratio. The additional 5 inches in length will be between the front subframe and A pillar allowing the entire engine to be behind the carbon fiber subframe manufactured by Manga making the car front-mid engined. This variant will rival the 911, AMG GT, and F type like initially rumored ~4 years ago.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
^^ Whoa! Now that will be something if it also comes to fruition!

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
It’s still the best explanation for why an out of production supercar is testing with widebody camo.

As ridiculous as it sounds, the math does work out. If the Supra were going to get wider with a GRMN model, it would also have to increase its wheelbase to keep the 1.55 wheelbase to track width ratio. For the Supra to gain the 5.1 inch difference in wheelbase to match the LFA, it would have to be roughly 3.2 inches wider. Since the LFA is only an inch wider than the Supra, it would make sense that it needs flares for accurate testing.

Also, Magna Steyr has experience manufacturing a vehicle like this since the Mercedes SLS was produced there under director Markus Flasch who is now CEO of BMW’s M Division. They even have the ability to produce the transaxle parts since they now own Getrag.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I'll say this, you have far more imagination that the majority of people working here, but when I referred to other car I wasn't referring to the A90.
I guess I don't see why a 1 of 500 car is being used for a test mule for the LC-F. The only thing I can see it being used for is something not only important but something they want completely hidden, so it is either the supra or a next gen LFA.