News, Updates, and Discussions on next-gen A100 Supra

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
It's a pre-production test mule and has been used/has looked that way for a long time (mid 2018).
That doesn’t address what I said even if it has looked that way since 2015 or 2005 for that matter.

It all goes back to what they are testing and why and not why the mule looks like that.
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
-Not A90 related
-Used an LFA test mule because LCF is a skunkworks project, especially back in 2018 (and not much has changed). This should be explanation enough, but if not oh well.
-They are testing new systems, but it's not specifically what you think, though it is related in a way.

Best I can do for ya. Weekends up and it's back to the grind anyways, so have a good one.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
-Not A90 related
-Used an LFA test mule because LCF is a skunkworks project, especially back in 2018 (and not much has changed). This should be explanation enough, but if not oh well.
-They are testing new systems, but it's not specifically what you think, though it is related in a way.

Best I can do for ya. Weekends up and it's back to the grind anyways, so have a good one.
All of that is obvious. I’m not looking for answers, I’m just brainstorming or theorizing what and why they are testing.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
It’s still the best explanation for why an out of production supercar is testing with widebody camo.

As ridiculous as it sounds, the math does work out. If the Supra were going to get wider with a GRMN model, it would also have to increase its wheelbase to keep the 1.55 wheelbase to track width ratio. For the Supra to gain the 5.1 inch difference in wheelbase to match the LFA, it would have to be roughly 3.2 inches wider. Since the LFA is only an inch wider than the Supra, it would make sense that it needs flares for accurate testing.

Also, Magna Steyr has experience manufacturing a vehicle like this since the Mercedes SLS was produced there under director Markus Flasch who is now CEO of BMW’s M Division. They even have the ability to produce the transaxle parts since they now own Getrag.
I'm no A70TTR, but this idea rivals MAGA conspiracy theories. Really outlandish to think that Toyota would develop a whole new chassis just to have a widebody A90. Toyota wouldn't give you a $10 solution to your wind buffeting issue. Let that sink in.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I'm no A70TTR, but this idea rivals MAGA conspiracy theories. Really outlandish to think that Toyota would develop a whole new chassis just to have a widebody A90. Toyota wouldn't give you a $10 solution to your wind buffeting issue. Let that sink in.
I in no means think they will actually produce something like that.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
It's the LCF and possibly a tyre test mule
It’s for the 3rd Toyota sports car brother, the GRMN Supra which is larger than the GR Supra. The brothers scale in price and performance from the GR86 to the GR Supra and then up to the GRMN Supra. While it sounds ridiculous for Toyota to use 2/3 of the GR Supra chassis to develop even another sports car, that is the exact advice they gave to Porsche when developing the 986 Boxster and 996 911 which ultimately saved the company.

(This should go without saying, but I’m not actually being serious)

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I was just pulling his leg. If they are indeed just in the planning phase I doubt they are anywhere near to having a complete test mule.
I’m just giving you a hard time, this platform is so flexible and has so much potential it is hard not to speculate

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Imagine if the next Supra was a re-bodied LFA with a turbo V6 hybrid. :drool:
An excellent platform and still a Marcel even now, but we're past that point. Cutting costs and production time to create someone thing as good or even better chassis wise.

Delayed, but advancements don't stop for long.
Sponsored