Advertisement

Next gen Nissan Z chat "400Z" / Z35

Discussion in 'General Automotive & Other Vehicle Talk' started by Villa Jonny, Feb 1, 2017.

1. 2JZ-No-Sh*t

2JZ-No-Sh*t Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    My feet
    Liked:
    None of those fan art renderings were from Nissan. The official concept that was slightly Z related was the 2011 Nissan Esflow concept.

Jabba likes this.
  2. tadda

tadda Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tom
    Car(s):
    2020 GR Supra Premium
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    yup...I don't disagree....

I was referring to those photoshops concept images posted by "enthusiasts / fanbois" that were really far off the mark but amusing to follow...

That said, from what I'm seeing from Nissan isn't very exciting to me...

Jabba likes this.
  3. 2JZ-No-Sh*t

Car(s):
    My feet
    Liked:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanc...ssan-z-replacement-teaser-video/#4719bcdd74d8

tfoxyr likes this.
  4. YungMercureal

YungMercureal Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
    Liked:
    Normally I don't like to be the guy that nitpicks, but I don't like Forbes, so gotta point out that they said the MkV was twin turbo lmao. Also they clearly are ignoring the fact that the MkV has a massively better interior, many tech features. I could live without the driver assists, but the 370z interior is so bad, I couldn't do it.

MLG Tofu Shop, Jabba and tadda like this.
  5. DesmoSD

DesmoSD Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
    Liked:
    http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/heres-your-first-look-at-the-seventh-generation-nissan-z/

Nissan-Z-Z35-01-768x352.jpg
    Nissan dropped a video this morning that teases its upcoming lineup in a new, post-Ghosn, post-COVID era. Notably, the it provides the first glimpse of what the seventh-generation Z could look like. Notably, this rendering of what we’ll call the Z35 confirms two promising things: 1.) That the Z will indeed live on, and 2.) have the S30-inspired looks that that have been rumored.
    Nissan-Z-Z35-03-768x319.jpg
    There is a clear throwback Z logo on the C-pillar, just like the S30 Z. The shape of the rear side glass and the C-pillar itself is also strongly reminiscent of the 1969 original. The squared off rear end has a vertical panel and S30 or Z32-style taillamps.
    Nissan-Z-Z35-02-768x351.jpg
    The proportions appear to be based on Z34’s, lending credence to the theory that it will continue to use Nissan’s existing front-midship platform that has underpinned the 350Z, 370Z, Infiniti G and FX. Finally, there are the abstract cut circle headlamps like that of the IDx, a modern interpretation of the S30’s lights rather than an outright copy of the original sugar scoops.

The teaser video was part of a massive restructuring plan with the goal of achieving by 2023 financial stability, profitability, and — in what feels like a rebuke to Ghosn’s reign — sustainable growth. That means Nissan plans to cut costs by about ¥300 billion ($2.8 billion USD), yearly production from 7.2 to 5.4 million units, and the number of global models from 69 to about 55. It’s closing down factories in Spain and Indonesia, and withdrawing from certain markets like South Korea.

Nissan didn’t say that it would kill off the Datsun brand, contrary to previous reports, but it didn’t say it wouldn’t either. It did say Datsun would withdraw from Russia, though.

Finally, when watching the video, one might wonder where the GT-R is in all this. While it went unmentioned, it is still considered a part of the core pillar of sports vehicles that includes the Z and Japan-market Skyline (Infiniti Q50 and Q60).

We think this will be a much-needed refocus of Nissan’s goals, switching to continuing to build cars for the long run and, you know, existing in general, rather than a short-term look toward market share and profit. We’re glad to see the Z will be a part of it.

XtremeMaC likes this.
  6. Sadfhorde

Sadfhorde Member

Car(s):
    2010 Mitsubishi Evo X MR, 2010 BMW M3, 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63S
    Liked:
    Corporate tax accountant
    Bring the on the Nismo version

7. 2JZ-No-Sh*t

Car(s):
    My feet
    Liked:
    :yes:

8. vb22

vb22 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    SC300
    Liked:
  9. MLG Tofu Shop

MLG Tofu Shop Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Goh
    Car(s):
    Toyota Vios
    Liked:
    Look at this Forbes article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanc...ssan-z-replacement-teaser-video/#2c50907474d8

RIDICULOUS.

These so called "car enthusiasts" really think that the next generation Z is going to be some kind of godsend that can smash the Supra at a much more affordable price. Heck, they even think the Supra is just an overpriced 370z competitor.

If the next Z is going to be in the same price range as the Supra while being built on an outdated platform that wasn't even that good to begin with, I can't wait to see the disappointment on the faces of these Nissan fanboys.

Bryster likes this.
  10. A70TTR

A70TTR Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
    Liked:
    Engineering liaison
    Well, I guess we'll find out either way lol

11. kona61

kona61 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Josh
    Car(s):
    5G 4Runner, MK7 Golf, AZW LE Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I’d say the platform is okay. I have a feeling the 400 will end up being a much less refined car. Much like the current 370. Also, I wonder if they will finally figure out how to make an infotainment system that actually is useable without redundant screens.

A70TTR likes this.
  12. whycantidrive

whycantidrive Member

Car(s):
    350z
    Liked:
    aww crap. i was expecting nissan not to pull through in their current situation. gonna make it tough for me to decide on the supra or this.

13. supraboi

supraboi Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Vu
    Car(s):
    GS300
    Liked:
  14. vb22

vb22 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    SC300
    Liked: