All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
:yes:

Do you think it's still based on the platform of the current Z/Q?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_FM_platform
the new Z is supposedly just a reskin of the Z34 platform according to a buddy of mine at Nissan JP. Not saying it's bad given new interior, exterior, and turbo V6, but I don't think it's going to be capable of what the A90 is and might even have the same auto (Jatco 7AT) and manual (6spd) that they're using currently.

I also believe Nissan is going to charge every bit of $50k for that thing, but I've read some reports saying less (doubt it). Theyre not in a great financial position and have commented that they're looking to improve brand perception and charge more to recoup R&D costs and increase profit. Good news is that could mean better quality vehicles however, as they focus more on each individual sale vs volume.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Look at this Forbes article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanc...ssan-z-replacement-teaser-video/#2c50907474d8

RIDICULOUS.

These so called "car enthusiasts" really think that the next generation Z is going to be some kind of godsend that can smash the Supra at a much more affordable price. Heck, they even think the Supra is just an overpriced 370z competitor.

If the next Z is going to be in the same price range as the Supra while being built on an outdated platform that wasn't even that good to begin with, I can't wait to see the disappointment on the faces of these Nissan fanboys.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Look at this Forbes article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanc...ssan-z-replacement-teaser-video/#2c50907474d8

RIDICULOUS.

These so called "car enthusiasts" really think that the next generation Z is going to be some kind of godsend that can smash the Supra at a much more affordable price. Heck, they even think the Supra is just an overpriced 370z competitor.

If the next Z is going to be in the same price range as the Supra while being built on an outdated platform that wasn't even that good to begin with, I can't wait to see the disappointment on the faces of these Nissan fanboys.
I’d say the platform is okay. I have a feeling the 400 will end up being a much less refined car. Much like the current 370. Also, I wonder if they will finally figure out how to make an infotainment system that actually is useable without redundant screens.

whycantidrive

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
aww crap. i was expecting nissan not to pull through in their current situation. gonna make it tough for me to decide on the supra or this.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
All the renders I've seen so far (from the Z forum)
if it looks anything like that ^^^ sorry supra... lol
Especially if it does have 400hp and a 6mt for $40k and a 300hp version even cheaper than that. Spec sheet warriors and the HP-per-dollar crowd will have a field day with this car. It may not outperform the Supra on the track, but it may have more everyday-enjoyment than the Supra.

whycantidrive

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Especially if it does have 400hp and a 6mt for $40k and a 300hp version even cheaper than that. Spec sheet warriors and the HP-per-dollar crowd will have a field day with this car. It may not outperform the Supra on the track, but it may have more everyday-enjoyment than the Supra.
I'd be happy with all those changes, I'm just worried about the transmission. I hope they update it

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
All the renders I've seen so far (from the Z forum)
400Z-rear1422x948.jpg
400Z-front-1896x861.jpg

6b932b1e3dff1ac650ea90f42b3ff209.jpg

dg7LKmB.jpg

if it looks anything like that ^^^ sorry supra... lol
1st one is based on the current 370z.
3rd one is from an old as dirty Infiniti concept.

The 2nd one in the middle is the only one that made from the teaser video.
Sponsored