Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds A90 Toyota GR Supra

JustaCarguy.

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 WRX Hatchback
Don't know how many of you guys are into gaming, but this'll definitely be interesting to see.

https://www.gtplanet.net/next-gt-sport-content-update-arrives-march-5-adds-toyota-gr-supra/

In a now-traditional post on Twitter, Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed the date for the next GT Sport content update: March 5.

The Polyphony Digital studio head posted the Tweet earlier this morning. As usual it contains not only the date for the update, but some of the contents in a lightly disguised fashion.

With five vehicles included it’s a slightly smaller update than we’ve seen in the past — previous updates have averaged around eight cars. There is, as is also usual, no mention of any other content — such as tracks — for now:

Some of the shapes are slightly more obvious than others. The top-right car, for example, is one of the most-anticipated cars of 2019: the Toyota GR Supra. Toyota only officially revealed the car in the real-world in January, so it seems likely that the Polyphony Digital team have had considerable access to the vehicle before the rest of the world.

Also appearing in the car pack are the Mercedes SLR McLaren and what appears to be the McLaren F1 GTR. The last car seems to closely resemble a Pagani Huayra. But it’s not all about outright speed, as the car in the middle of the shot is the first generation Eunos Roadster, better known as the Mazda MX-5, which is celebrating its 30th birthday this month.

Content updates typically also bring a new circuit and, to expand the campaign mode, a Circuit Experience guide to the previous update’s track. However, as that was Special Stage Route X, an 18-mile oval with no braking, it’s unclear as to whether that will apply this time.

It’s likely the update will also bring more events to GT League, and further Scapes to suit our shutterbugs.

As is always the case, the update will arrive after a short period of online maintenance. Players will lose the ability to save their game during this time and until they install the update. You will need to make a manual save from the top menu well in advance of this to ensure you don’t lose any progress.
Sponsored

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Totally into gaming. Bought into XBoxes eons ago just so I could drive Toyotas in Forza Motorsport as it left GT in the dust some time in the mid 2000s. Toyota sided with the wrong company, give Turn 10 the Toyota cars license back! And why has Toyota gone for exclusive licenses in the first place? They are the only major manufacturer missing from Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4 (both superior games to Gran Turismo Sport). All previous Forza games had the Toyota license for their cars.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Totally into gaming. Bought into XBoxes eons ago just so I could drive Toyotas in Forza Motorsport as it left GT in the dust some time in the mid 2000s. Toyota sided with the wrong company, give Turn 10 the Toyota cars license back! And why has Toyota gone for exclusive licenses in the first place? They are the only major manufacturer missing from Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4 (both superior games to Gran Turismo Sport). All previous Forza games had the Toyota license for their cars.
I mean they are very different. I own FH4 and FM7. GT Sport is much more driving sim-esque.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
I'm not sure it's that much more simmy driving model wise, but it's very much focused on the esports/online MP racing side and ignoring most everything else the old GT games were about.

Definitely the best GT game in over a decade, but they fell so far behind Forza they pretty much had to burn it to the ground and start again.

Last edited:

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I'm not sure it's that much more simmy driving model wise, but it's very much focused on the esports/online MP racing side and ignoring most everything else like the old GT games.

Definitely the best GT game in over a decade, but they fell so far behind Forza they pretty much had to burn it to the ground and start again.
FH4 won Best Racing game, that's something Toyota needs keep their eyes on

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
Can't wait until I'm home from work, definitely breaking out the steering wheel and pedals!