Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Nissan is making new blocks for the RB.

Toyota still sells new 2JZ blocks, so no need to bring them back. What we need to hope for is that they don't stop. I wouldn't hold my breath on that though.

Jeff

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I believe Toyota parts manufacturing continues for approx 20 yrs from the final production year (2002). We're coming close to the end of production and IMO, by the way Toyota is treating the MKV, I wouldn't be surprised if Toyoda wanted to keep the MKIV a thing of the past.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
^^ I do hope Toyoda will not do that. I'm a happy 2JZ fan/owner but Nissan's admirable limited renewed support of their 32-34 GT-R's also makes me happy as a fan of those vehicles. The MKIV TT deserves the same support Nissan is giving their own most iconic car(s). And they're also including the Z32 300ZX-TT, not just GT-R's.

The equivalent from Toyota would be offering long term "heritage" support of the MKIII, MKIV, MR2 and Celica GT-Four and the original AE86.

MKIV's and 32-34 GT-R's are already treasured classic cars, not new cars with warranties pulling new people into dealers. A corporation's support of their most famous classic icon model sends a better message than dropping all parts support to let it fade away. Because the fans of it and the hype for it aren't going away despite the MKV.

The same thing is true of the R35 compared to its 1989-2002 predecessors.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
^^ I do hope Toyoda will not do that. I'm a happy 2JZ fan/owner but Nissan's admirable limited renewed support of their 32-34 GT-R's also makes me happy as a fan of those vehicles. The MKIV TT deserves the same support Nissan is giving their own most iconic car(s). And they're also including the Z32 300ZX-TT, not just GT-R's.

The equivalent from Toyota would be offering long term "heritage" support of the MKIII, MKIV, MR2 and Celica GT-Four and the original AE86.

MKIV's and 32-34 GT-R's are already treasured classic cars, not new cars with warranties pulling new people into dealers. A corporation's support of their most famous classic icon model sends a better message than dropping all parts support to let it fade away. Because the fans of it and the hype for it aren't going away despite the MKV.

The same thing is true of the R35 compared to its 1989-2002 predecessors.
I absolutely agree but Nismo and Nissan puts the Skyline family on a higher pedestal then Toyota does with the Supra. There was even an article on the heritage program spanning to other vintage Datsun and Nissan vehicles. Where is Toyota among this... crickets. Maybe the forefathers of Toyota would have cared but the people currently running Toyota could give two shits.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/...g-reproduction-parts-for-all-vintage-nissans/
Sponsored