Nissan Z

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
All of these people here are being tongue-in-cheek, but really though (and I genuinely believe everyone here would have the same outlook as well), drive both of them, and test them out in scenarios that you will find yourself in often.

While you're driving, see which one speaks to you more. If it's the Z, then great! If it's the GR Supra, that's also great! See which car feels better in your hands because either way you're going to be piloting some amazing contemporary sports cars from two Japanese manufacturers that had to compromise. Nissan needed to use a 20 year old platform, and Toyota partnered up with BMW.

You can also try weighing the pros and cons of both cars in terms of performance, handling, interior and exterior design as well as other things that one would evaluate a car on, but also see if both cars have any compromises that may be a dealbreaker or the other car could rectify. If you feel that the said compromises are a big deal (or not), it will be easier to help you decide which cars you like.

Happy car shopping. :)

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 M2 On ORDER!
All of these people here are being tongue-in-cheek, but really though (and I genuinely believe everyone here would have the same outlook as well), drive both of them, and test them out in scenarios that you will find yourself in often.

While you're driving, see which one speaks to you more. If it's the Z, then great! If it's the GR Supra, that's also great! See which car feels better in your hands because either way you're going to be piloting some amazing contemporary sports cars from two Japanese manufacturers that had to compromise. Nissan needed to use a 20 year old platform, and Toyota partnered up with BMW.

You can also try weighing the pros and cons of both cars in terms of performance, handling, interior and exterior design as well as other things that one would evaluate a car on, but also see if both cars have any compromises that may be a dealbreaker or the other car could rectify. If you feel that the said compromises are a big deal (or not), it will be easier to help you decide which cars you like.

Happy car shopping. :)
+100000000000000 on the compromise issues. Sports cars are loaded with those!

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Welcome! Completely agree with taking both for a spin if you are able to. Something to keep in mind is you will be spending the majority of your time with the car inside it. Really pay attention to which interior looks/feels better to you. Which gauge cluster looks nicer, which steering wheel feels nicer (probably the Z), which materials feel nicer (probably the Supra), which seats are more comfortable. That’s what made me go with the Supra. I still hate the front end but I’m not looking at it when I’m driving it.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Sport Z + aftermarket LSD + aftermarket wheels and tires = same price as the performance and Supra 3.0, so what’s the point?
Z: $39,900
aftermarket LSD: $2,000-$2,500 installed
better tired: $? depends on which ones you go w/

still a better buy than the 2.0 imo especially since a lot of them are loaded = $47k...

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
If you're wanting something right out of the box that checks most of the boxes then I would say 3.0 Supra > Z. However, if you're on a budget or if you're looking to do a ton of mods anyway I would say the base Z is a good starting point. Either way, best of luck on your car hunt OP.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0

still a better buy than the 2.0 imo especially since a lot of them are loaded = $47k...
Seems like that quote is optimistic. The car will cost closer to $45k out the door. LSD cost will probably be closer to $5k due to demand. You may need new wheels to go with the tires, so decent quality ones will probably be close to $4k for a set of wheels and tires, even more depending on wheel quality. Even after that, you're left with a car that still could use bigger brakes and is nose-heavy.

OP
OP

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acquiring Z or Supra

Plus a better exhaust is a must, Supra has an awesome exhaust from factory from what I can tell. The Z sounds like a Camry.

OP
OP

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acquiring Z or Supra
Plus a better exhaust is a must, Supra has an awesome exhaust from factory from what I can tell. The Z sounds like a Camry.
It would be an easier decision if the 2022 Supra was dual clutch.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
Seems like that quote is optimistic. The car will cost closer to $45k out the door. LSD cost will probably be closer to $5k due to demand. You may need new wheels to go with the tires, so decent quality ones will probably be close to $4k for a set of wheels and tires, even more depending on wheel quality. Even after that, you're left with a car that still could use bigger brakes and is nose-heavy.
I never had it done but a lot of 370Z owners said it was only about $2k with labor. Some were able to have it done for a few hundred less.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
It would be an easier decision if the 2022 Supra was dual clutch.
Why would a dual clutch make a difference? The ZF8 Speed transmission in the Supra shifts incredibly fast. It shifts even faster than that with the xHP tune. The human eye/brain almost can not detect any form of delay/lag on the transmissions shifting in this car, either in sport auto or sport manual shifting via paddles. With the xHP flash, it shifts lightning fast the moment you hit the paddle. I can't imagine if a DCT could actually shift faster tbh, granted I've never driven in or ridden in a car that had a DCT, I just can't imagine it.

OP
OP

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acquiring Z or Supra
Why would a dual clutch make a difference? The ZF8 Speed transmission in the Supra shifts incredibly fast. It shifts even faster than that with the xHP tune. The human eye/brain almost can not detect any form of delay/lag on the transmissions shifting in this car, either in sport auto or sport manual shifting via paddles. With the xHP flash, it shifts lightning fast the moment you hit the paddle. I can't imagine if a DCT could actually shift faster tbh, granted I've never driven in or ridden in a car that had a DCT, I just can't imagine it.
thanks! That’s good information I am going off reviews that say the downshift is lazy in the ZF8. Driving a 22 3.0 next week and will read more about that tune as well. Thanks again!!!! Very helpful.