Not all Toyota dealers selling the Supra?

Discussion in 'UK' started by samoht, Aug 31, 2019.

1. samoht

samoht Member

First Name:
    Tom
    Car(s):
    '96 RX-7
    Liked:
    I rang my local Toyota dealer again today (Steven Eagell Cambridge), and asked if they had a new Supra in yet. The salesman said that they wouldn't be selling the Supra (as it's a 'very prestige car'), the nearest dealership that will is Northampton (over an hour away).

Is there any list anywhere of which dealers will be having Supra demonstrators? And does anyone know if they can at least be serviced at any Toyota dealership, or only certain select ones? The Toyota UK website isn't very helpful.

Having a dealership conveniently close by was part of the appeal...

2. scoates

scoates Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition
    Liked:
    The Supra in the UK is sold through Toyota GB directly. For the first 300 at least you nominated your closest dealer at ordering. The best thing if you don't have a build slot yet is to sign up for more info on the Toyota website and they should get in touch when the next round of allocations is. As far as I'm aware no Toyota dealers in the UK can place any orders by themselves at this time.

The demonstrators are only going to where they have orders but the customers haven't test driven yet. My dealer had the demonstrator today and it's heading to a new dealer on Monday. If your local dealer has no orders and you haven't got a slot yet then it's very unlikely you will get to test any time soon I'm afraid. I have a firm order but since I test drove at Thruxton I couldn't even get a second drive today even though the car was here there was no way to add me on for one!

samoht and Dunc like this.
  3. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Duncan
    Car(s):
    Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Steven Eagell in Colchester have sort of hinted they are getting a demonstrator in.