Not sure if the engine is knocking or it’s just the sound of the injectors pulsing

Tettros

First Name
Tettros
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium Supra

Only have 960 miles on the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tettros

Tettros

First Name
Tettros
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium Supra
check your oil? Any CELS? Definitely sounds questionable

Edit: with that many miles I’d take it back to the dealer
I feel as if I’m going to come back with more problems. Had low coolant the other day, which I was shocked considering I have less than 1k miles, so I took it to the dealership to check if there was a potential leak. Now, the car has a rattling noise at idle as you can hear…

edit: forgot to mention, no CEL and oil is basically at max

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tettros

Tettros

First Name
Tettros
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium Supra
Idk, that rattle is the concerning part. I can hear the injectors but sounds like more than that to me. I might just be deaf from all the open dump WOT pulls
It’s definitely something more than the injectors. You can hear that rhythmic click of the injectors, but that deep rattle sound is something else

OP
OP
Tettros

Tettros

First Name
Tettros
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium Supra
Update: sound seems to have gone away spontaneously. Kinda curious if external factors suck as weather and/or altitude played a role in the noise

OP
OP
Tettros

Tettros

First Name
Tettros
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium Supra
That is not injectors. Weird when a bad sound just goes away !? But good. Glad it did

maybe bad gas?
Honestly could have been. I do usually fill it up at this relatively cheaper gas station, but I always filled the car up with 91

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Honestly could have been. I do usually fill it up at this relatively cheaper gas station, but I always filled the car up with 91
Do you have a Costco gas nearby? Their Costco is very cheap and Top Tier as well

That's what I use 100% of the time

OP
OP
Tettros

Tettros

First Name
Tettros
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium Supra
Do you have a Costco gas nearby? Their Costco is very cheap and Top Tier as well

That's what I use 100% of the time
I do. However, every time I end up refilling, they are closed. Gotta change up the schedule

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I do. However, every time I end up refilling, they are closed. Gotta change up the schedule
I feel like it's worth it. I get 93 at Costco for almost the same price as regular from Shell. Thing is, it's basically the same gas

JST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 Subaru LGT, '21 CX-5 Sig, '22 Supra 3.0
Have you been able to replicate? Mine does something similar, but it only does it at idle and when cold. At first, I thought maybe something was loose, but it completely goes away after it warms up. No CEL, normal oil levels. 500 miles on the ODO.
Sponsored