OEM aluminum bar removal?

tonyng92

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E93 M3 F82 M4
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Has anyone tried to remove the OEM aluminum bar to install something like a harness bar? if so, any instruction or guide?
Sponsored

anajri

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra A90, Toyota Sequoia '10, Toyota starlet AWD 5sgte (800whp)
i removed and put a harness bar on looks good and plugs right up

anajri

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra A90, Toyota Sequoia '10, Toyota starlet AWD 5sgte (800whp)
ill try monday

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Any advice on removal?
When I have removed the panels required, I have found it easier to start with the top rear panels that wrap from the back of window behind the door to under the hatch first. I then take of the door sill trim between the seat and door on the floor. Then I have worked top down from the rear. One of the panels is bolted, so be aware you cannot pry off with a trim tool.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
When I have removed the panels required, I have found it easier to start with the top rear panels that wrap from the back of window behind the door to under the hatch first. I then take of the door sill trim between the seat and door on the floor. Then I have worked top down from the rear. One of the panels is bolted, so be aware you cannot pry off with a trim tool.
Thanks. Was able to remove it today. Sent it to get powder coated so that I can remove all chrome from inside the vehicle.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Which panel is bolted? I'm planning to tear mine apart in the next couple of days and don't want to pull on it and crack it. Thanks.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Which panel is bolted? I'm planning to tear mine apart in the next couple of days and don't want to pull on it and crack it. Thanks.
To get to the aluminum cross bar there are no panels that are screwed/bolted down. Start by removing the panel that is between the roof and the back hatch that wraps around. Next, remove the small trim pieces at each end of the aluminum bar. They are a full 360 degree piece so just pull them out and leave them around the bar. The next piece is the one that the seatbelt goes through. Be careful with this piece because there is a thin section that is fragile as it is slit for the seatbelt. After that the bolts for the bar are exposed. This is a T50 torx. That is it. One on each side. Angle it out and remove.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Woofer Cover rear.jpg

lower door panel.jpg

rear deck upper panel.jpg

Last edited:

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Panel 4 in Tadda’s post above. Removal of that panel is not necessary for the bar removal. I just know it is necessary for sound stuff and was in the area he was working, so I went over it just in case.
Sponsored