Paint Protection Film on all Supras / OEM PPF?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Don't let the images fool you...

Mine was supposed to come with front PPF, but it's one of those things that got removed the last second!

1610403968224.png
Sponsored

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Not true. My car came off the transport truck WITH it installed. I watched them unload it from the truck... it was not installed at the dealership.
Likely port installed.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
My 1st mod I did was full Xpel PPF on the whole car. Also I added ClearPlex windshield Film. I will be tracking the car. PPF is great had it done on a few cars over the years.
How much was that? (Ballpark) I was getting insane quotes. Like $5-6k and a 3 month wait.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If you have patience and some craftsmanship, you can do it yourself.
Need to buy some not so expensive tools, hair dryer or steamer (preferred)...
Xpel's gel allows plenty opportunities to adjust/fix and stretching... You can go the soap/water mixture as well...
Just formulate beforehand how you'll approach each panel, how much coverage (wrap around). Wet your hands with the same mixtures, keep it wet...
Pre-cut ones will get you started easily..
Many YouTube videos available...
Thoroughly clean the car, clay bar it for perfection....
Unless you're in a super tight budget, even if you majorly mess up a panel, just remove and get a new one...
Not rocket science...

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Does anybody know all the locations where the factory has applied a protective film to all Supras?
I don't mean the transportation wrap, but rather a permanent film.
If you look closely at the bottom edge of the plastic garnish on each door, it looks like there is protective film - you can see the edge - it is not wrapped over the bottom edge of the plastic. Do you have this on your Supra?
Is there film applied at any other locations?
I think I know what you’re talking about. It looks like a plastic film on my side mirrors. I tried taking it off when I put my wind buffer things on but it wouldn’t come off. I just figured it was some random design bit.

eastwest2300

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
QX70
I was on XPEL's website looking at their pre-cut pieces, its definitely not cheap thats for sure. However, I would absolutely love to learn how to do this and to do wraps.

Last edited:

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
How much was that? (Ballpark) I was getting insane quotes. Like $5-6k and a 3 month wait.
It cost me 6500 for Full Xpel ultimate PPF including ClearPlex windshield film. I checked out a few places and this seems to be the normal price for Full PPF installed on the car. you have other options depends on what you want covered. Also remember PPF is a wear item depending on driving conditions everyday daily to track. on Also from my experience find a place that does not have a full parking lot of cars waiting for PPF install they seem to rush cars and deadlines and do crappy work. After watching youtube videos of vinyl wrap and PPF installs I would like to learn and practice that for my own vehicles.
Sponsored