Official 2020 Toyota Supra US Specs, Images, Videos

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Very oddly written lol. Basically a direct translation from Japanese, I'm guessing. :dunno:
Sponsored

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Why for the history is it often shown as A40/50? The A50 is not Supra related. Is it for people wondering why it goes from 40 to 60? Now I'm the one confused.

Jeff

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
Very oddly written lol. Basically a direct translation from Japanese, I'm guessing. :dunno:
I'm sure they translated it directly from Japanese, but into what language?

A car where driver and car resonate towards a world defined by "driving pleasure."

It's like listening to someone with a thick Irish accent while you're drunk. You hear all of the words... and you know what they mean... but you still have no clue what he's talking about.

supraz4

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 BMW i3, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Same as BMW key.
Honestly, I’d love to have that keyfob than what Toyota currently has for other common Toyota or even Lexus keyfob. I was very impressed at my friend’s 2018 540i keyfob and Toyota is using exactly that for Supra. Much more luxury and premium looking and feeling keyfob than any current Toyota and Lexus for sure.
And I’ve had all kinds of key fob in my possesion to compare it to, either German luxury cars or common Japanese cars.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Here is a HD version of the video that was posted on Twitter by Toyota Mexico. Almost 6.3 million views.

john_galt

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
The rear really doesn't do for me it feels way too short, but I understand that aftermarket companies will surely have a wide-body kit to try to replicate the FT1 concept maybe RocketBunny perhaps.
same, something just feels too short or cutoff abruptly, just like the z4 rear. same platform so i guess its expected.
maybe bc no wing that im so used to on the mkiv also?

john_galt

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
$50k in America converts to 50k Euro? Does Toyota know how currency works? And that is the minimum I've seen you guys say, why would they make it only affordable in America and expensive in the rest of the world? In my country we have monopolies with dealerships, the only brand that has 2 dealerships is dodge. I wonder if our dealer would dare make it 50k Dinars, that's over $130k US, or maybe he won't push his luck and sell it for 40k ($105). Or maybe I am being dramatic :p We'll see, but it doesn't sound good in Europe.
not saying i agree with it, but apple does something similar with their iphones, same price in USD and GBP

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Later JDM Celica XX with 5MEs are MA56.
I actually can't believe I forgot about the MA55/56 Celica XX's when I wrote this post. The A50-series had independent suspension vs. the solid rear axle on the A40. The MA55 used the 2.0L M-E, and the MA56 used the 2.8L 5M-E.

Thanks.

Jeff

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
Does anyone know the difference in weight between the Base model and the Premium model? Does the base have full electric adjustable seats? I assume the better stereo in the premium (with large subwoofers) would also account for some weight difference. But how much?

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
This has been answered in another thread. Can't find it now, difference was about 50 kg's
Sponsored