Official 2020 Toyota Supra US Specs, Images, Videos

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
looks like it's the base model 6 that weighs under 3300... apologies.

I had heard that was the fully loaded, but I guess that was asking too much. At least the 4cyl car will weigh less than that.

And yes, BMW engines routinely dyno their rated crank numbers at the wheels, so I'd fully expect 330whp +/-, especially given 4.1 0-60. It can also do slightly better than that 0-60 (at least it did in testing, hovering right at the 4 flat mark at production weight with low 12 1/4)
The weight will drop with each trim is my guess

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Ok.... what I don't understand is, aren't the U.S. models supposedly getting more HP over the EU models, due to us not requiring that noise filter? Correct me if I'm wrong or plz place a link, but I'm hearing the same HP/TQ #'s globally?

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Thats quite fast (0-60) for 340hp I'd say. Some Toyota magic or more hp than advertised? ;)
2.0 weight is 1395kg which I find really cool, gettin that 2.0 from 258 to 300-320 will be quite easy so you get pretty light car for todays standards with quite nice performance.
Also I dont see how M2C is a good competition here, I drove M2 and its heavy, with body roll, not super agile with fake steering and average driving position. Only true drivers cars competition I'd look would be 718S or Alpine A110. I just hope Toyota tuned steering like the one in GT86 which is ultra good and responsive.
It looks really good, and I hear it looks even better in person, appearing to be wider and lower than on pictures.

Last edited:

nuxx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Charger Hellcat, 2000 LX470, 2011 LX570
Honestly not too disappointing.

I feel a lot of people would be upset even if it had 500 hp, just because of what the MKIV has become.

I've had high horsepower rear wheel drive cars since my first car and am starting to feel different about them.

When we had a 13 GT500, 15 Challenger Hellcat and modded 12 CTS-V, I traded the GT500 on a GT350 and soon after sold both the Hellcat and the CTS-V. Then GT350 was down a ton on power versus the other three, but delivered usable power and fun in spades.

No matter the situation, I didn't have to second guess the conditions or which gear I was in, the car would just be predictable and take whatever I put in front of it. I said I was done with overly high horsepower cars after that.

True we did pick up a Charger Hellcat, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. $0 down, $550 a month 3 year lease. Seemed like nothing after purchasing the Challenger. Either way, it's my wife's car and might have been floored twice in 2 years.

We're both excited to replace the Charger with a Supra when it goes back next January.

I think $55k for the premium is fair in this day and age of car pricing.

BTW : The GT500 is sure tempting, but probably useless power again. Also not having at least one manual car isn't going to happen.

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
Given the weight, I don't see how this is any better than my M2 that has a back seat, has a manual transmission, and more stock HP.

Maybe the engine is more modable, but I'm not impressed. Not trying to be negative, I really wanted to like this car, maybe it will grow on me, I guess I was expecting something better.

BTW, the nav screen is essentially BMW. And the stock steering wheel looks like a Camry, sad.

Turbo06

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Scion FR-S
0-60 time is not bad. The targeted cars such as base corvette and cayman is around the same. I agreed another 50 hp will be nice but a jb4 can fix that real quick. Hopefully I can get a launch edition in time

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
Thats quite fast (0-60) for 340hp I'd say. Some Toyota magic or more hp than advertised? ;)
2.0 weight is 1395kg which I find really cool, gettin that 2.0 from 258 to 300-320 will be quite easy so you get pretty light car for todays standards with quite nice performance.
Also I dont see how M2C is a good competition here, I drove M2 and its heavy, with body roll, not super agile with fake steering and everage driving position. Only true drivers cars competition I'd look would be 718S or Alpine A110. I just hope Toyota tuned steering like the one in GT86 which is ultra good and responsive.
It looks really good, and I hear it looks even better in person, appearing to be wider and lower than on pictures.
Toyota magic? M2 is heavy, with body roll?

My M2 (not M2c) is less than 100 lbs heavier than this Supra, it has 51/49 weight distribution, and virtually no body roll. M2c is 50-100 lbs heavier but the reviews are all positive with handling etc.

As far as Toyota magic, maybe they tweeked the BMW engine but my 'heavy' 365 hp M2 can hit 0-60 in under 4 seconds, the auto/dct cars can do it more consistently.

I'm sure these will perform well and they should be easily/cheaply modable to 400+ hp, but I wont be jumping to buy one anytime soon.

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
Toyota magic? M2 is heavy, with body roll?

My M2 (not M2c) is less than 100 lbs heavier than this Supra, it has 51/49 weight distribution, and virtually no body roll. M2c is 50-100 lbs heavier but the reviews are all positive with handling etc.

As far as Toyota magic, maybe they tweeked the BMW engine but my 'heavy' 365 hp M2 can hit 0-60 in under 4 seconds, the auto/dct cars can do it more consistently.

I'm sure these will perform well and they should be easily/cheaply modable to 400+ hp, but I wont be jumping to buy one anytime soon.
If i'm correct manufacture rated figure for your M2 is what 4.2secs. and you did it in less than that. A 2007 lexus IS350 is rated for 5.5secs and you have people doing it in 4.9secs. I hope you get the point.

i'm still not sure of the the actual 0 to 60 I've heard 4.3 and also 4.1
Still not sure about the weight also.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
It's a single exhaust port, we got the new revised head. Just interviewed Tada san, he's tall af. Car is awesome in person, much better than photos. The hips are incredibly sexy. I'm hustling to the media room right now to get the content out!
Sponsored