👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
I wouldn't trade in my zf8 for the 6 spd manual. I love shifting up and down in manual mode without having to use a clutch and take my hand off the steering wheel momentarily. However If there was no manual mode on the zf8 I'd rather a manual.

zf8/DCT/PDK style sport transmissions > 6sp manual > basic ass slushbox auto

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I'm actually surprised from the response so far. I thought it would be a 50/50 split.

Does anyone use manual mode, using the paddles ?
No surprises, most of us have been there done that (heavy stage 4 clutches and etc) . We just want a nice fast turbo auto car to drive it around and call it a day.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I'm actually surprised from the response so far. I thought it would be a 50/50 split.

Does anyone use manual mode, using the paddles ?
All the time. The paddles in sport mode are so fun, in my opinion it's the only way to drive this car.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
LOL Quite literally the dumbest, must egregiously ignorant fucking comment I've read on this forum in a minute. Bravo!
I think it was a joke maybe, not sure? Manuals are fun, but I have had so much more fun in my auto Supra than any of the manuals I owned before.

driftguy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW 2 Series
In a heartbeat. I'd even preorder the damn thing. Test drove a 2020 when they first came out and a 2021 a few months ago and immediately missed having a manual in both scenarios.

Definitely in the market for one, could buy it cash if I was so inclined. Call me old, or out of touch, but I want my fun weekend car to have a manual, even if it's slower.
We're out there, and companies like Lotus and Porsche can push out manuals, Toyota with their vast resources shouldn't have a problem.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
In a heartbeat. I'd even preorder the damn thing. Test drove a 2020 when they first came out and a 2021 a few months ago and immediately missed having a manual in both scenarios.

Definitely in the market for one, could buy it cash if I was so inclined. Call me old, or out of touch, but I want my fun weekend car to have a manual, even if it's slower.
We're out there, and companies like Lotus and Porsche can push out manuals, Toyota with their vast resources shouldn't have a problem.
I was in this camp until I got used to the sheer speed of the ZF and the control the paddles give. It's far superior to any manual transmission car I've ever owned. Don't get me wrong, I love rowing gears, but I'm in the Supra game to go really fast for a short of an amount of time as possible, and it's not going to get faster with a manual.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I would've bought a manual Supra if it had been available and wouldn’t have had wandering eyes but planning to move on and put a deposit on a 2023 Z06. I know…it’s an automaticbut it sounds nuts!

Who knows in the long run though. I’m notoriously cheap and may keep the Supra to preserve cash since I have a kid about to start college.

In short, no manual Supra in my future.

P.S. my last car was a G37S with a manual transmission. I definitely miss the connection a manual transmission creates.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've been driving manuals all my life thru numerous vehicles. Even the least sportiest ones you could squeeze fun out, swap air filters, exhaust, etc. and it'd put a smile on your face, no matter how much hp it had.
It was and still is the go to option for many European countries. You have to learn the clutch engage points on hills, bumper to bumper traffic, etc. It's a way of life. It essentially becomes your arms and legs working in tandem... It surely is a hassle on rush hour traffic. Not a huge deal if your clutch isn't super heavy. It has more uses than just being a tool to change gears.
I love MT.

My 2005 Mazda 3 HB for me was the best sporty budget hot hatch I had the most fun with. Few mods here and there and I absolutely loved the short shifter I had installed. Drove it like I stole it everyday at max speed, max shenanigans everyday.

Come to 2013 FRS (2012 bought), I did like the NA power delivery, didn't love it. Hated the power dip and no matter what I tried, I always had issues with the MT... costed me so much seconds at autoX. Maybe mine was dud. Regardless I had ton of fun with the MT, drifting, power sliding and whatnot. Oh and so much fun in snow!

You can always argue and win that latest ATs are faster and more convenient, but despite how smooth and awesome Supra and ZF8HP is, you can't convince me that you have more control and feel for the road with drive-by wires and ATs....

Yet any modern AT on the road in run of the mill vehicles are undeniably sucky where you can't have any fun with. It's a great match on sports cars with properly tuned trans.

One reason I have been ok with AT Supra is because it was planned to be my dd and I've gotten lazier and at night, coming back home 9-10pm, even shifting became burden on FRS.

If I was still in my 20s or early 30s probably would only be looking at MT. Don't know if Supra AT would have been a deal breaker. Perhaps would have had to drive it before I bought it, unlike the purchase of LE before it even hit the dealers :D

In a stupid turn of events I sold the Supra. Didn't have to. Too many decisions, building a frickin house with darned builder, car shortages, high offers, wasn't thinking straight, rushed things before the winter.. I'm regretting it everyday since. I'm still on the forums imagining car is still in the garage just sleeping thru winter...

In summary, AT Supra good, no miss MT on Supra.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I bought a fast car to go fast. Manuals are slower. Plain and simple.

If you buy a slow car for fun then you should have a manual since it doesn’t matter about speed anyways. A good example is the mx5. Slow as can be, so you basically NEED a manual in order to make it any sort of fun

It’s time to ditch the pop up headlights, the future is here

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
I own a Supra MKIV Six Speed, if people want manual cars they should go with older cars not newer cars with older technology... I mean are any of the HyperCars Manual? Is the LaFerrari, P1, or 918 Manual?

If you wanna live in the past then go with cars from the past. It's like buliding a house and then running water heating throughout your home. Would you really build a home today with water heating to heat your entire home?? Now this is not me saying Manual Cars are slow or bad, it's me saying that Vintage is Vintage get a Vintage. The older cars are going up in price for many different reasons and among one of them is that the 'Experiance' can't be replicated by newer cars, that includes newer cars with manual transmissions.

Last edited:

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I would pass on a manual for the A90.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.