👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I didn't buy a Supra to be a street king...or else I would have went with a different platform
It's really easy to get the MKV into the low 10s, it's not hard to get it into the 9s. Yeah, Norris's run is insane and a lot of it is the driver, but there is a good handful of them in the 8s. The Boostin' Performance runs low 9s on the stock turbo even.

I really like this platform, and I plan on pushing this car until it blows, then rebuild it and do it again. It's a fun platform. That's why I bought it. I wanna go really fast, and maybe get into the fastest 25 MKVs at some point.

Like you said, goals. Jesse DaBears and Luis Gonzalez daily their 9-second streetcars. That's quite an accomplishment.
Sponsored

YellowJacket

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Toyota Supra 3.0
It's really easy to get the MKV into the low 10s, it's not hard to get it into the 9s. Yeah, Norris's run is insane and a lot of it is the driver, but there is a good handful of them in the 8s. The Boostin' Performance runs low 9s on the stock turbo even.
Cool deal. Yes in my world low 11s and high 10s is entry into the fast car world. Usually the local street rippers around here are even faster than that...but they usually weigh the 60-130 times more than 1/4 mile times...however usually a fast 1/4 translates over. If after my car becomes tunable..and I do catless DP on 93 tune..if I'm in the low 11s I'd be a pretty happy camper.

I gotta admit...I'm right there with you the Supra is very addicting.

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
No, I would not purchase a manual because:

1. I use mine as my daily

2. The paddles allow me to have some manual control

3. The auto is smarter and faster than I am

4. I find the car is pure joy to drive as it is.

I say all of this as someone who has had 4 manual cars including 2005 GTO and 2001 Integra.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Yes, I was at the Toyota dealer the other day and they said the manual for the 22 is available but as soon as a Supra hits their dealership, they are gone. One had arrived that morning and sold in 1 hour. They haven't received a manual yet.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
No, I would not purchase a manual because:

1. I use mine as my daily

2. The paddles allow me to have some manual control

3. The auto is smarter and faster than I am

4. I find the car is pure joy to drive as it is.

I say all of this as someone who has had 4 manual cars including 2005 GTO and 2001 Integra.
I have always had a manual and would really like one again but the automatics is, as you say, so fast and well done. A toss up for me.

dogfm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
Nope I wouldn’t, if it had been available when I was choosing then I might have chosen it depending on how it compared. Having chosen I will not sell the auto to get a manual . It’s very good as it is

Mcoimpact

First Name
Bailey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 318ti Club Sport 1999 Wrangler Sahara, 2009 C
I have two manuals and two automatics in my garage- each is fun in its own way, so to me there's no "right" answer. That said, for me a manual is more fun in a car that needs to constantly see high rpm in order to make serious speed.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Yes, I was at the Toyota dealer the other day and they said the manual for the 22 is available but as soon as a Supra hits their dealership, they are gone. One had arrived that morning and sold in 1 hour. They haven't received a manual yet.
this just is not true lol. No manual is available for the 2022. It does not exist. stop spreading bs

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
??????????????????????????????

But seriously gtfo with that trash.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Holy shit, it's real!
Time to get the wallet out.
Didn't see it on the 2.0

2021-11-08 19_58_41-Build Your Own Toyota _ Toyota Configurator.png

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Holy shit, it's real!
Time to get the wallet out.
Didn't see it on the 2.0

2021-11-08 19_58_41-Build Your Own Toyota _ Toyota Configurator.png
Hmm is something going on with their website? I tried to built a 2.0 and it wouldn't let me take off the Safety & Technology Package. The total was almost $48k.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
I'm not seeing it either. Regardless of trans options, I've made my choice. I've owned several manuals in the past, so if/when they die off completely, I can still say I did my part.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.