Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
  • Banned
Ok, I know this has been discussed ad naseum, there are several on the aftermarket, I’ve searched this forum and others, and from what I’ve researched, can doesn’t catch any oil!! My question; are there any catch cans that actually do what there supposed to do?
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Ok, I know this has been discussed ad naseum, there are several on the aftermarket, I’ve searched this forum and others, and from what I’ve researched, can doesn’t catch any oil!! My question; are there any catch cans that actually do what there supposed to do?
If you check out bimmer forums, they seem to. I don't know why it doesn't on Supra or we don't have enough people buying or reporting the results or stock engine & parts contain it to a point and you'll see more residue with meth etc... (I don't have one)

Last edited:

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
They don’t do anything from what I’ve heard lol. I have the forge catch can. Doesn’t do anything. But looks good

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
  • Banned
So... it seems most “catch cans/oil separators” , don’t do what they advertise!
( keep oil out of intake pipe and charge pipe), so my question is: do u need two
Separate “cans”?, one for CCV, and one for
PCV?.... is there anything that actually
Accumulates oil??

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Mishimoto found that oil gets in from both the pcv and ccv but opted to go with the ccv because they said more oil came form there. Putting a can on both would be the way to stop it entirely but i am waiting to hear from someone who has tried it to see if either catch anything

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
  • Banned
Yeah, I’m waiting for that technical advice too,so far, all I got is crickets on this.

SupraCal

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
A noob questions, would disconnecting the PCV and CCV from the intake/ charge pipes and let them vent to the ground solve the problem?

I ask this because I too, notice a heck load of oil in my intake and charge pipe recently, and i'm on stock turbo and stock tune.

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
  • Banned
Good question, I’d like to know that too
I’d rather go “ole school” and just vent to atmosphere, but I’d like to know, in doing so, will that throw a code? And has anyone done this simple , no cost FIX????

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Codes aside, will the loss of pressure/vacuum in the block lead to issues as well

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Good question, I’d like to know that too
I’d rather go “ole school” and just vent to atmosphere, but I’d like to know, in doing so, will that throw a code? And has anyone done this simple , no cost FIX????
I'm venting CCV, PCV and oil cap - no codes.

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
I'm venting CCV, PCV and oil cap - no codes.
Hate to ask u this, but pics of how u vented both CCV and PCV, or an explanation of how, and did u put some sort of filter on the end of vent tubing? Thx

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Hate to ask u this, but pics of how u vented both CCV and PCV, or an explanation of how, and did u put some sort of filter on the end of vent tubing? Thx
I can take a picture next time the cars out but I used 7/8" breather for the PCV and 1/4" for the CCV (I'm still using the Mishi CCV catch can so breather was placed on the exhaust) I removed a couple of the oem lines and capped anything else not being used.

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Thanks bflood, u need to do a tutorial, Or a sticky?, as it seems everyone has this problem and nothing seems to work!