Opinions needed....

Lilchief

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium, 2015 Corolla LE
suppose to sign on my new 21 Supra tomorrow in white..... now I’m looking at other colors and like them too... btw white, black, blue or yellow whats your favorite color?
Sponsored

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Lighter colors are usually easiest to keep up. White, light silver, Yellow being the easiest and black being the worse.

You can't make a wrong choice. The Supra looks great in all of the available colors. I do like some more than others. I love the Phantom Gray Matte but I hear it's a maintenance nightmare. Plus you probably will not find one sitting at a dealer. I am guessing the Matte Gray is probably the rarest color? Maybe even more rare than the limited Refraction Blue? Turbulence Gray really accentuates the curves of the body. White is always a solid choice and is elegant. White is also easy to keep up and hides blemishes. I normally do not like blues but the Refraction Blue is stunning. It's not like you see a lot of Supras in general but you will see even less of the Refraction Blue because it's a limited color. The black wheels and stripes really work with that blue. Can't go wrong with Red. Everyone loves a red spots car.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Watch milion photos online and take which your feel the most, its your car after all ;)
If it was me - yellow or blue.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Red is too common imo.
Yellow really stands out, but in a good way.
Black hides the fake vents the best, but good luck with the up keep.
Blue looks nice, but it's a special edition with a higher price tag.
White is a classic nice color. It looks good overall, but the fake vents will really stand out.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I like red, and so I bought one. The Refraction blue is nice but it's the same blue as the Corolla I traded in.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Red is too common imo.
Yellow really stands out, but in a good way.
Black hides the fake vents the best, but good luck with the up keep.
Blue looks nice, but it's a special edition with a higher price tag.
White is a classic nice color. It looks good overall, but the fake vents will really stand out.
Good point about the vents. Personally I don't mind the vents. The black aero bits show better on light colors also. That can be good or bad depending on your taste.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Since you're asking for opinions, here's my personal rationale to choosing mine. Lol.

Refraction Blue - this is stunning! However, since it's only 498 of them, I'd be anal about keeping it protected and stock since it's a limited series. I'd be more afraid of daily-ing it. The interior contrasting blue stitching is also a very nice touch! I'd make sure it had the OEM spoiler too though as it's meant to have the spoiler, A91 stripes and black wheels - which I couldn't replace either. I find it heartbreaking to "mess around" and modify a limited series/production version of a model, but to each their own. It's special already - why not keep it that way. But my plans were always to do some mods - both performance and visually. However, the A91 was just an article on a webpage when I bought my '20 last summer, so my choice was limited to dealer stock. Plus, for some reason, my friend bought a similar blue SUV, my neighbor bought a similar blue truck and my college friend bought a similar blue Audi S5. It seems to be a popular shade nowadays. I'm glad Toyota decided to add some unique flairs - black wheels, spoiler, striping - to it to separate the A91 from the A90. It's definitely special.

Phantom Grey Matte - stunning, but difficult to maintain as it's a unique paint and requires special care as it cannot be polished and treated like any other clear coat. I wanted to stay away from colors that require "extra maintenance" as it's my daily.

Black - I've had ONE black car and while I love the look, I got tired of always being behind the eight ball when keeping it clean and swirl free. Granted, that was back in the 90s. Today's PPF and ceramic coatings have greatly improved in protection and appearance longevity. But the Supra has stunning lines, why hide it in black? Plus, you'll have to keep the black trim, plastics, tires extra clean for them not to appear brown compared to your clean black paint. It's stunning if kept clean, but the upkeep time and effort is up to the individual.

Red - As it's been said, you can't go wrong with a red sports car. But there are a lot of red Supras out there. Red can also be a swirl magnet, so proper paint care is crucial for a great looking car. Red is eye-catching and stunning, especially with the Supra's curves! The one thing I don't like about red is the juxtaposition with tail lights and reflectors in the rear sections - if I had a red car, I'd tint them.

Silver - It's a "safe" color and looks great on any car, just like white. I've had 4 silver cars already, but didn't want another one. Lol. I chose white - back to that later. Silver is rather easy to maintain too. It emphasizes the Supra's lines and curves with deep highlights and shadows. It's probably the most contrasting color - in a good way. Plus it matches most of the exterior and interior metallic trim bits.

Turbulence Grey - This was one of my favorite colors. Like silver, but darker and more menacing looking. I almost bought one this color, but it's quite rare (like yellow) and they weren't dealing on their pricing. I've had a 350Z with this dark grey and loved the way it looked. It wasn't as easy to maintain as silver, but it definitely still showed the Supra's lines and curves really well. I've yet to see a Supra in person in this color. Definitely a favorite.

Yellow - This was my second to last choice. I love this car in yellow and never thought I could own a yellow car. It's "look at me" color is very much in tune with the Supra's style and characteristics. It's relatively light and therefore easy to keep clean and maintain. The contrast with the black exterior plastic bits is stunning too - even the little red accents here and there. Some have gone a bit too far with the red though and made it look like a McDonalds campaign. Lol.

White - This was my top choice and what I finally ended up with. It's easy to maintain, contrasts well with the black exterior bits, shows the Supra's lines and curves well and is a neutral color if you want to add different wheels, carbon fiber bits and other accessories in the future. I've had two other white cars and loved how easy they were to live with and showed off the clean look rather well. Interesting facts: Ferruccio Lamborghini's personal Countach was white, so was the Testarossa on TV's Miami Vice. I have nostalgic link to the 80s. Lol. One of my favorite cars in HS was the '90 Prelude, in total white - including the wheels! The Type-R cars in the 90s - NSX, Integra, Civic - were all white. It's a very JDM-looking color too.

Now, I'd love to see a factory orange painted Supra! 2022?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Lack of Heads-Up display on the Blue is a showstopper. Headscratcher why they didn't include this on the 2021 "Special Edition" A91.
I've never had a car with HUD until this one. Never thought I'd use it either. Now I can't live without it.

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
The color of your car reveals your personality:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/loans/what-does-your-car-color-say-about-you/

Personally, I’m a “once you’ve gone black, you’ll never go back” sports car owner: this is my 4th black one: yeah, you gotta work more, but PPF makes it relatively easy. It looks killer when it’s clean: it’s more subtle and balances out the distinctive lines of the Supra. It’s understated and signifies a certain confidence. Limited carbon fiber bits look great with black: mirror caps, wind deflectors, vents. Of course, some guys overdo the CF.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Everybody forgot to mention that the white is a Pearl white so when the sun hits it, it’s pretty. But any color is a Supra is stunning. Red, black, and blue tends to be a swirl magnet and harder to maintain.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
I just sold an 86 Porsche 911 in black and now drive a 21 in black..
My opinion is black is a @#$^& to keep clean but when it is it looks amazing..
Like was said..ppf and ceramic coating makes the process much easier...

With that being said...
My wife drives a rcF in white..
That car looks killer in that color..
It does hide dirt alittle better but some of the fun(atleast for me) is pampering the cars..

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Lack of Heads-Up display on the Blue is a showstopper. Headscratcher why they didn't include this on the 2021 "Special Edition" A91.
Yup, it totally needs a speedo 2 inches above the speedo omg :rolleyes:

You don't miss it at all. Granted, I assumed it had it, but I don't care it doesn't. It's a gimmick, nothing more.
Sponsored