OR, CA, NV, ID and Beyond Road Trip

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Folks,

I'll be taking my Supra on its first decently long trip next month. Heading south from Vancouver, BC down the coast in Oregon, making a stop in Fort Bragg, CA, then off to Reno, NV. I have the first half of the trip down the coast and into Reno booked, but after that I don't really know what direction to head. The goal is to stay in the west, might drop down to Yosemite area after Reno for a night or two, then head back north eventually getting to the Canadian border.

Can any area locals in the NV and then north areas suggest any nice small towns to visit along the way back? Looking for something with a good small town feel, friendly people, excellent food (nothing gourmet, but something to experience, good pubs/diners/etc, locally owned places) and clean accommodations. Ideally I would like to stay north of Las Vegas, but other than that I'm pretty open to suggestions. I need to fill five days after Reno, and I'm not looking for anything for Instagram, just somewhere neat with a great local feel. In saying that, if there are any medium to large size stops along the way basically from NV north, I'd love to hear about those as well. Thanks!
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Those areas you mentioned are prone to forest fires and floods. Be careful out there.

I was out driving my Supra over the weekend and was very pissed when I had to drive through a few miles of dense smoke because some faktarded farmer thought it'd be funny to control burn his farm and smoke out like 15 square miles of residential area.

I need to clean my Eventuri next season for sure..

ikingkhaos

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Folks,

I'll be taking my Supra on its first decently long trip next month. Heading south from Vancouver, BC down the coast in Oregon, making a stop in Fort Bragg, CA, then off to Reno, NV. I have the first half of the trip down the coast and into Reno booked, but after that I don't really know what direction to head. The goal is to stay in the west, might drop down to Yosemite area after Reno for a night or two, then head back north eventually getting to the Canadian border.

Can any area locals in the NV and then north areas suggest any nice small towns to visit along the way back? Looking for something with a good small town feel, friendly people, excellent food (nothing gourmet, but something to experience, good pubs/diners/etc, locally owned places) and clean accommodations. Ideally I would like to stay north of Las Vegas, but other than that I'm pretty open to suggestions. I need to fill five days after Reno, and I'm not looking for anything for Instagram, just somewhere neat with a great local feel. In saying that, if there are any medium to large size stops along the way basically from NV north, I'd love to hear about those as well. Thanks!
If you pass through Idaho, I definitely recommend you stop through Ketchum and check out Grumpy’s. Great food, beautiful scenery and quite a beautiful town if you ask me.

OP
OP
luv2xlr8

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
If you pass through Idaho, I definitely recommend you stop through Ketchum and check out Grumpy’s. Great food, beautiful scenery and quite a beautiful town if you ask me.
I'll be sure to stop here on the way back! Thank you.

OP
OP
luv2xlr8

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Those areas you mentioned are prone to forest fires and floods. Be careful out there.

I was out driving my Supra over the weekend and was very pissed when I had to drive through a few miles of dense smoke because some faktarded farmer thought it'd be funny to control burn his farm and smoke out like 15 square miles of residential area.

I need to clean my Eventuri next season for sure..
Yeah, I really wanted to get through Death Valley again but I can't imagine the roads are in great shape after the floods.
Sponsored