Outdoor Car Covers for hail protection

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
That time of the year is coming up and for the next few months, I won’t have access to a garage.

The Supra has been out for a while so finding a car cover isn’t hard anymore but there are just so many that all vary in price. Usually I think more expensive is better, but for car covers it isn’t looking like that’s the case.

so what is a really popular and good brand that will help my car against some hail and won’t damage the paint or flap around in the wind?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
Unless you get an inflatable hail protector they are about all the same.

Or get a good snug fitted cover and just put a few thick winter bedspreads over the car before covering it when hail is in the forecast.

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Unless you get an inflatable hail protector they are about all the same.

Or get a good snug fitted cover and just put a few thick winter bedspreads over the car before covering it when hail is in the forecast.
Won’t that damage the car?

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
No more swirls than than an outdoor car cover will produce. The hail protection on them is usually a 6mm fleece liner sewn to the inside. If the cover/blanlets don't slide over the paint nothing will scratch.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
A neighbor a few houses down from me parks his King Ranch F150 in the driveway and uses this when we have impending hail.

https://hailprotector.com

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Unless your car is already covered before a storm, it will be very difficult to cover once the wind picks up. Car covers become parachutes.

That said, given that you have a lot of time to prepare, I would place a nice thick layer of blanket, strap it to the car on the hood and trunk, then place a car cover over it, and use gust-guard (clips with bungie cord) to strap down the car cover. It will probably take a good 30 min to prepare.

I have a large garage but my daily drivers are parked out doors. Good luck to them.. lol
Sponsored