Paint Protection Film on Supra

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
Have been turned down by the only two reputable PFP shops here in the area due to the complicated lines of the 2020 Supra. Finally found an independent installer who came highly recommended by a friend who has had this independent installer do several of his high line vehicles that would do the install.

Ordered film from a highly rated online company to cut and send me XPEL film. The company just called and strongly recommended I cancel the order (give them credit for doing so) as even they are not doing installs on Supras.

Has anyone else had this issues?
Yes its hard to do but I have a shop that will do it period.
Sponsored

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra A91 (Refraction)
Had mine done entirely, couldn’t be happier, you couldn’t even tell it’s wrapped! The guy that installed it been doing this for 20 years and he nailed it, perfect job.

Did told me that lower front bumper and the roof were a good challenge, but also said it’s not the worst vehicle he had to wrap, said a Camry TRD is more complicated to wrap than the Supra ‍:dunno:.

Mercedes G Wagon are nightmares to do apparently, toughest challenge in his opinion.
Could you show some pics? Any cuts or tears? We’re there many air bubbles after the install? How’s the fitment against to edge of panels? And jagged ppf edges from razor blade? Just got mine fully done with ceramic and was curious if it was good or not.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Could you show some pics? Any cuts or tears? We’re there many air bubbles after the install? How’s the fitment against to edge of panels? And jagged ppf edges from razor blade? Just got mine fully done with ceramic and was curious if it was good or not.
if done correctly there should be no tears. you may have some relief cuts but should not be visible to the naked eye at all. they should have tucked the edges for you and tacked it. Any air bubbles should have been pushed out.
Sponsored