Parking sensors

Billy

First Name
BILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra gr
I have a 2021 and front parking sensor is giving error..dealership says the front bumper has to come off to replace and rader needs to be realigned( they dont even have the equipment to do it) does anyone know if you can just disable them in computer..I really don't want bumper off a new car with 3k miles for a sensor..any help would be awesome. Dealer only has one person trained on Supra and this is the first one he has worked on and he not real sure either.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Taking the bumper off and reinstalling isn't an issue. Just need to be careful with scratching. Putting back on requires some alignment. I did this without a hitch in my 1 car garage with no scratches.

Parking Sensor is the little dots on the bumper, whereas the radar is for other safety features.
If it's the radar, other people ran into this issue and it needed re-calibration, so did mine. Didn't require replacement. If you don't have anywhere else to go, then it'll be on-the-job training for that guy with perhaps some back and forth with Toyota central, depending on how difficult the process is and how technologically inclined he is....
Can't comment for the parking sensor, but I believe you can turn it off in the settings somewhere...
Haven't tried this to see what errors you'd get, but there is a harness that goes to the bumper for parking sensors and radar in the front. You can detach the sockets. There are 2, they're at the sides next to headlamp (still need to take off bumper)
Are you seeing an error in dash? What is the error message..

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I would call this a great opportunity to add some Hella Supertones! Or any horn of your liking.

OP
OP

Billy

First Name
BILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra gr
Taking the bumper off and reinstalling isn't an issue. Just need to be careful with scratching. Putting back on requires some alignment. I did this without a hitch in my 1 car garage with no scratches.

Parking Sensor is the little dots on the bumper, whereas the radar is for other safety features.
If it's the radar, other people ran into this issue and it needed re-calibration, so did mine. Didn't require replacement. If you don't have anywhere else to go, then it'll be on-the-job training for that guy with perhaps some back and forth with Toyota central, depending on how difficult the process is and how technologically inclined he is....
Can't comment for the parking sensor, but I believe you can turn it off in the settings somewhere...
Haven't tried this to see what errors you'd get, but there is a harness that goes to the bumper for parking sensors and radar in the front. You can detach the sockets. There are 2, they're at the sides next to headlamp (still need to take off bumper)
Are you seeing an error in dash? What is the error message..
[/QUOTE

Just puts up on dash and monitor that the parking sensors are not working and see dealer..dealers.says they can just be turned off in computer but some supras don't have them so that didn't seem correct.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
I would call this a great opportunity to add some Hella Supertones! Or any horn of your liking.
Don't pass on that opportunity.

Mine was subject to the headlamp recall and I asked the dealer if they could install a second horn. The Supra tech was willing to do it for free, but as it turned out, my car didn't need headlamp adjustment so I didn't get the second horn. Oh well.
Sponsored