Performance Parts - Give us Your Input!

Discussion in 'B58 6-Cyl Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Bolt-Ons' started by PRL Motorsports, May 16, 2019.

1. PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports New Member

Car(s):
    MKV Supra, FK8 Civic Type-R, FC3 Civic Si
    Liked:
    Hey guys, we just wanted to make a post to hear the community's input in regards to performance upgrades for the B58 MKV Supra. We will be performing extensive R&D once available in an effort to provide the best products and support we possibly can for this platform. Our team has a pretty solid idea of the direction we would like to head, but we are always open to suggestions and hearing what the community would like to see.

Just a short introduction about our company for those who aren't familiar with PRL Motorsports; we're a performance parts manufacturer that has been specializing in turbo kits, intercooler upgrades, intake systems, exhaust system components, fuel system upgrades, billet specialties and quite a few other innovative products for platforms such as the Honda FK8 Civic Type-R, 8th, 9th & 10th Generation Civics, 10th Generation Accords, Nissan R35 GT-R, SR20DET/SR20VE, Subaru FA20DIT WRX, Subaru/Scion BRZ/FR-S, Toyota 2JZ-GTE and next the MKV Supra. We take pride in our in-house machining and manufacturing abilities. Our goal is to take combined knowledge from previous experience as manufacturers and enthusiasts to push this platform as far as we can!

23772193_10208392607651378_1823152727_n_zpswfxc2hys.jpg
    Accord%201.5T%20Downpipe%20Catless%20with%20brackets%20and%20heatshield_zps0f1frh4o.jpg
    Type%20R%20Flex%20Fuel%20Kit%20Full%20Product%20Picture_zps1cmp5qoi.jpg
    CTR%20Overpipe%204_zpsirt3qcwn.jpg
    Intercooler%20Piping%20Components%20Layout_zpsc9tmxiu6.jpg
    10thgenTurboKitLayout.2_zpsmddixeq2.jpg
    RearDiffCoverRaw1_zpseiscgasc.jpg
    Type%20R%20Raw%20MAF%20Housing%20Straight%20Hitachi%20Sensor_zps8zvqahg4.jpg
    Type%20R%20MAF%20and%20Filter%20Pieces%20CNC%20Prototype_zpskwz0fbja.jpg
    Type%20R%20Prototype%20High%20Flow%20Intake%20With%20Airbox%20Angle_zpsmlnemkig.jpg
    3D Printed Prototype Air Box (final production rotomolded box has not yet been released)

What are some products/areas you would like to see covered? :)

2. kona61

kona61 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Car(s):
    2018 4Runner, 2017 Mk7 Golf, 2016 Cayman GT4, 2020 AZW Supra on Order
    Liked:
    Very nice to see you guys here! I follow the FK8 Civic closely and the FA20.WRX and have seen many of your parts including your recent FK8 flex fuel kit.

I would be curious what you guys could do in terms of turbos and intercooler upgrades. I know for this car, the intercooler upgrades would be difficult as its water to air, so maybe a new heat exchanger or intercooler core?

PRL Motorsports and XtremeMaC like this.
  3. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2013 FRS
    Liked:
    I plan on starting off with intake and a tune. I normally use Shift Fast, and JR. SF doesn't make parts, however.

I'm very interested in seeing the end results with your go-fast bits! Please keep us posted

PRL Motorsports likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports New Member

Car(s):
    MKV Supra, FK8 Civic Type-R, FC3 Civic Si
    Liked:
    Awesome, we are glad to hear that! :)
    These are definitely some avenues we plan to explore.

We're very excited to hear this input. Hopefully we can make come up with an intake system that suits your needs!

F1 Silver Arrows and Goose like this.
  5. tisdrew

tisdrew Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    BMW 335i
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Fuel is the current limitation on the table for the b58 -- those poor bastards are doing charge pipe injection as their only way to get methanol to boost octane over 450whp. Let's get a sandwich plate/port injection kit because I doubt hpfp upgrades are a reasonable R&D endeavor at this point in time.

Secondarily, I'd be interested in transmission and diff cooler setups. Another cooling "mod" which may be a bit ricer but designing the aero to replace those fake vents.

Unless you manufacture CHRAs, I don't think turbo upgrades will be in the cards with the existing turbofold design.

6. kona61

kona61 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Car(s):
    2018 4Runner, 2017 Mk7 Golf, 2016 Cayman GT4, 2020 AZW Supra on Order
    Liked:
    I think a flange adapter would work pretty easily.

PRL Motorsports likes this.
  7. Powaup

Powaup Active Member

First Name:
    Clyde
    Car(s):
    BMW M235i
    Liked:
    As someone that isn’t looking to build a drag monster but wants but wants to achieve a solid 400whp I’m interested to see if power can be gained via intake or exhaust.

Would love for the intake to also sound good and be durable. And as for exhaust the big thing would be for it to not only sound better than stock but no drone (valves to open/close is a huge plus too and worth the extra bucks)

Another thing I’d like to mod on the car would be to lose some unsprung mass

PRL Motorsports and Goose like this.
  8. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2013 FRS
    Liked:
    This. I want to still have the car be quieter when in normal mode, and loud in sport with the burble. And I want to hear the turbo spool.

PRL Motorsports and Powaup like this.