PhD Racing Supra A90 WINS Super Lap Battle COTA Street class!

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2

Second competition for our new Time Attack Supra A90, and up against some super fast locals and well-built Subaru's, we made up the traction deficit with high speed cornering and low end torque and acceleration. Took home first place in Street class by over 1 second, as well as setting a new Street RWD and Street Overall record. Lap time: 2:22.508 around Circuit of the Americas.

Big thanks to all our sponsors for their support!
AMS Performance
TF Works
Spage Sport
Titan 7
Eibach
SPL Parts
Reinharte
Sparco
Raceseng
Neo Motorsport
C17 Media

49560545053_b72ee4ad27_k.jpg

49561042991_c287c16a3f_k.jpg
Sponsored

tedan628

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Sti, 2005 Forester XT
big mad congrats bro, i watched your journey from the beginning of first supra. you def been up and down with this whole race. But you persisted and kept pushing the limit. you deserved this victory bro. from here, only bigger challenges and success for you. i hope oneday you can be the F1 driver

Countdamony

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lexus is250
Congrats JD good to see what this car is capable of and on stock turbo I believe. After what occurred with your first Supra have to think this makes your victory all that much sweeter.

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
big mad congrats bro, i watched your journey from the beginning of first supra. you def been up and down with this whole race. But you persisted and kept pushing the limit. you deserved this victory bro. from here, only bigger challenges and success for you. i hope oneday you can be the F1 driver
Haha. F1 is just too out of reach but there's still a lot I can go for! Thank you!

Congrats JD good to see what this car is capable of and on stock turbo I believe. After what occurred with your first Supra have to think this makes your victory all that much sweeter.
Indeed still on stock turbo! Only mods for power is the AMS carbon intake (prototype), AMS catless downpipe, and AMS custom tune on EcuTek beta software. Thanks!

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Hey mate, just wondering how the car was with the rear muffler delete pipes on the street? Was it intrusive when you were driving sensibly?

Watching with keen interest as usual

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Hey mate, just wondering how the car was with the rear muffler delete pipes on the street? Was it intrusive when you were driving sensibly?

Wasn't bad really. Cold start can be loud, but after the car get up to temp and the revs drop it was much nicer. Of course I don't have the adjustability with the valve and stuff but I didn't mind it on the street at all.

phm14

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hakone 86, '18 Tundra 4x4, '15 4Runner Trail
Vehicle Showcase
That shot with the glowing front rotors is cool. You still running stock rotors? How are they holding up?

phm14

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
JD, what tire/wheel set up are you running now?

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
JD, what tire/wheel set up are you running now?
For COTA, I was on 295/35/18 Yokohama A052 with 18x10.7 +38 Titan 7 TS5 wheels, non-staggered front and rear. This will be our Global Time Attack setup, but the tire width exceeds Gridlife's 285 max width so we'll need another set of tires for the Gridlife season (provided it still goes on)

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
That shot with the glowing front rotors is cool. You still running stock rotors? How are they holding up?
Also, this was on our new Neo Motorsport BBK, so it was not stock rotors. That said, the stock rotors lasted very well for me at Buttonwillow with just pads and fluids upgrade.

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
2020 supra, 09 sti hatch, 69 nova, 68 camaro

i got the tf works axle back( muffler delete) get it! The exhaust note is amazing! Cold start can be crazy but quiets down! The stupid stock noise the speakers make in sport mode sounds louder than the exhaust. Get it u wont be disappointed. U can make phone calls still without issue. In cabin noise is not increased much. Outside the car different story. I had a open header camaro guy tell me how loud it was and the note sounds so good!. Personally i think Its like 2 angels sitting on the back of the car.. each playing a trumpet from the gods. Lol

phm14

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i got the tf works axle back( muffler delete) get it! The exhaust note is amazing! Cold start can be crazy but quiets down! The stupid stock noise the speakers make in sport mode sounds louder than the exhaust. Get it u wont be disappointed. U can make phone calls still without issue. In cabin noise is not increased much. Outside the car different story. I had a open header camaro guy tell me how loud it was and the note sounds so good!. Personally i think Its like 2 angels sitting on the back of the car.. each playing a trumpet from the gods. Lol
Just remember, most folks won't appreciate excessive noise, in or outside the car...and the police can hear it, too...JDs car is dedicated track. Some tracks have noise limits...

phm14

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also, this was on our new Neo Motorsport BBK, so it was not stock rotors. That said, the stock rotors lasted very well for me at Buttonwillow with just pads and fluids upgrade.
Did you ever have the cracking issue with stock rotors on the S2K? When I was tracking my '08 CR, some guys were getting hairline heat cracking on their S2Ks...it would be welcomed to hear the Supra rotors were more stout, under the same driver...

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Did you ever have the cracking issue with stock rotors on the S2K? When I was tracking my '08 CR, some guys were getting hairline heat cracking on their S2Ks...it would be welcomed to hear the Supra rotors were more stout, under the same driver...
Plenty of S2K stock rotor issues. I think I cracked a pair without too much effort. The Supra rotors are very beefy and I doubt you could get them to crack. I wasn't too impressed with the stock brake pad (even though they were okay for track use), but the rotors were pretty solid I think.
Sponsored