Please help me choose my 200 TW AX tires.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Pretty self-explanatory. I wanted to run the stock Michelins the first season while getting used to the car and it's been a blast. Very competitive on the super sports too. But after 5500 miles and 12 events the rears are starting to chunk a little on the outside edges so I'm retiring them to around town easy use. It's time for a dedicated set of 200 TW tires. I recently acquired my spare wheels and there are 2-3 good events left this season so I'd like to pull the trigger now and then store them in a heated garage until next season. In my limited research thus far:

Yoko A052 - comes in stock sizes and heard really good things about the performance but seems to like more negative camber than I have. I have around 1.9 and 2.0 front and 2.2 rear. I wonder if that is enough. I'm staying is AS so camber plates are not an option.

Yoko Advan Neova AD08R - don't know anything about this one beyond it's a 200 TW option.

Falken Azenis RT 660 - also heard good things about this tire. Seen comments that it seems to last a little longer while still being very competitive which would be a plus. I like to be competitive locally and surrounding clubs but this is for fun only. I'm not looking to compete at regional tour events or nationals so giving up a couple tenths for some extra longevity would be fine for me. Only problem is the front doesn't come in our size. There is a 265/35/19 though. It seems like the insignificant diameter increase wouldn't likely mess with VSC on the drives to/from events but not sure. Anyone running these tires in a 265 front/275 rear set up?

This is as far as I've gotten. Would love to hear some opinions from others who've already run these or other options. Thanks in adavance!
Sponsored

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Hands down get the 660s if you can find some in stock. If not get the Falken 615s. Little less sticky but seem to last forever. I got something like 5000 miles, 140 auto-x laps and 1 big track day out of my last set. They were on my Evo which seems to eat tires faster than the Supra.

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
I found a deal on some used Titan 7's with practically brand new Advan Neova AD08R tires. (F 275/30R19, Rear 295/30R19) Compared to the stock tires, the AD08R's are noticeably stiffer sidewall and maybe same to slightly stickier.

I'll most definitely be going the Falken RT660 when the Neova's wear out. Since my Titan7's are 19", it appears there are more choices to go wider with the RT660 versus A052. Plus price is a factor as well.

Unfortunately, whichever tire you go with though, the front is going to scream for more camber.

OP
OP

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Thanks for the replies! I ended up going with Federal 595RS-Pro. They come in our sizes and are MUCH less expensive than other options. $800 total, free shipping, no sales tax. Even if these aren't quite as fast as the top tires in class, they should be a significant improvement over the factory Michelins. We'll see.

Also, found this video from my last event. I don't know who took it but got a kick out of the first turn cone wobble.

Sponsored