Post 6/2020 ECU unlocked in US

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Slower tracks sure, but doubt they'll handle >140mph braking every 30-45 seconds for half an hour. Stock pads were not ideal (but still usable) on fast tracks, on slower more technical circuits they're fine, totally agree.
No, they're fine. I've been using other pads besides CSG for years with zero problems.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Stomp gas and hold the wheel street.
I'll never say that track driving is easy-- at all. But drag racing is a lot more complicated than that. Cutting lights and loading this car takes some skill. We don't have 2 steps or transbrakes on these puppies.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I'll never say that track driving is easy-- at all. But drag racing is a lot more complicated than that. Cutting lights and loading this car takes some skill. We don't have 2 steps or transbrakes on these puppies.

I've been stick shift drag racing for 20+ years, so forgive me if I'm not sympathetic to your plight LOL!

I get it, though and I wasn't referring to the skill required, or lack thereof or whatever. Just that the 'fun factor' drag racing an auto -- at least for me -- is not there in the least. Either way I can appreciate the work that goes into any build, getting it dialed in, getting that time slip

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
No, they're fine. I've been using other pads besides CSG for years with zero problems.

I was talking about OEM pads. With those it's difficult to maintain braking distance in faster tracks. I'm sure moderate upgrade pads are more than enough for most situations though.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I was talking about OEM pads. With those it's difficult to maintain braking distance in faster tracks. I'm sure moderate upgrade pads are more than enough for most situations though.
Oooh, yeah. OEM pads are never bueno. Though mine managed a 15 min session at Laguna Seca. I didn't use the brakes too much there, though.

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
LOL biggest load of horseshit I've read on this site in a minute...! 🤡

I can't tell if poor sarcasm or just sheer ignorance.. The Supra is fantastic on track right out of the box with just an alignment. It will run 20 minute sessions in the heat all day every day without flinching; thermal management is impressive. Pads, fluid and a decent tire and it punches WAY above its weight class.

Boring as hell on the drag strip.. Stomp gas and hold the wheel street. Weeeeee....
Who doesn't like going weeeeee lol that's the first thing you learn for having fun lol, say it the kids all the time. Supra Def brings out inner child lol

czzisaman

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Tungsten
The Supra is fantastic on track right out of the box with just an alignment.
Plus, if you are willing to mod it, in total for the price of a new GT4 (including the car and even a trailer), you can have a national champion level Time Attack Supra faster than GT2rs and even the Clubsport. Check out Jackie Ding and PhD Racing, champ of Gridlife Street Mod for last 2 years!

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
They said next week.