Post a pic of your first car.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
That's pretty unreasonable to me. My son is 16 now, and he gets a couple grand for a first car, just like all the other parents I know. $10k for a first car is pretty insanity.

That said, I meant they were lying in the age thread. I forget what my point was.
Oops, I totally misread that lol.

swift.mk5

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Supra Premium
My dad got me this car from his mechanic friend, it had 200k miles but it was a great car!
1999 Lexus GS300, it had a good amount of power from a 2JZ-GE!
It had a "POWER" mode that works just like modern day Sport Mode, and that's what got me into sports cars lol.

I wanted a mk4 after this car but realized how expensive they were and settled for a 350z.

Honestly, if I could find one of these in great condition around here I would snatch it up!
(this one pictured is not mine, but I had the same exact one)
gs300.jpg

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
My dad got me this car from his mechanic friend, it had 200k miles but it was a great car!
It had a "POWER" mode that works just like modern day Sport Mode, and that's what got me into sports cars lol.

I wanted a mk4 after this car but realized how expensive they were and settled for a 350z.

Honestly, if I could find one of these in great condition around here I would snatch it up!
gs300.jpg
I'm driving a black one of those as a beater right now, on loan from my dad. Good first car!

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300

gs300.jpg
IMG_20190106_180316~2.jpg

My current project car (was my daily before the supra) is its brother. It's amazing the amount of parts they share. Really pleased with how this 2jz engines feel in this sedans.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I think a lot of the parents just want their kids to be safe considering all the dumb stuff that young people do.
My first car was suppose to be a red 93 targa top Supra turbo. It had 100k on it and it was in pretty decent condition. It just needed a respray of the clear coat in some of the areas, but the guy was only asking $12k. He had used it mainly as a daily while in college and now has a good job and is wanting a "grown up car".

Two things that stop me for getting it. One, my uncle who was a mechanic and shop owner told my dad he would not buy a 320hp car for a 17 yr old and that Toyota no longer made parts for the GTE. The second was money. My dad had promised all of us whatever we have saved up for our first car that he would match it and double it. I don't think he ever thought I would have saved $7.5k. So of course he went back on his word. Also, my mom was afraid that the IRS would be on their back because they had just brought a new house and car and paid them both off in full.

I was so pissed. Went looking on eBay and found another 93 in my area, but it was a NA turd. I bided on it and won. At the time I was mad that my parents went back on their word, but now looking back on the stupid sh*t I did, I'm kind of glad that they did. I might not be around today had I gotten that red Supra that I really wanted.

Not the car itself, but this is exactly what it looked like minus some missing clear coat here and there lol.

1993_toyota_supra_152971627567c1c6c2097971DSC_0207.jpg

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I was so pissed. Went looking on eBay and found another 93 in my area, but it was a NA turd. I bided on it and won. At the time I was mad that my parents went back on their word, but now looking back on the stupid sh*t I did, I'm kind of glad that they did. I might not be around today had I gotten that red Supra that I really wanted.
Everything happens for a reason.

I forgot to post a pic of my 1st car. I'm still driving it because it just won't die lol. I paid $1k for it and put in another $1k in for paint and head gasket work.

sc300.jpg

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Just a thought, but maybe everyone should post how much they paid for their 1st car. I would be interested in seeing the range of the most expensive to the cheapest.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just a thought, but maybe everyone should post how much they paid for their 1st car. I would be interested in seeing the range of the most expensive to the cheapest.
29A7AA6D-87EE-466B-BE20-D5338577636D.jpeg

Dang... looks like a hand full of us came from MkIII supras... NOYCE!
Bet, $400 from our neighbor across the street. came with a BHG, slipping clutch and a lot of fucked up panels/paint. My pops showed me the ropes on the full teardown and rebuild, did some at home body work in the backyard to fix some fucked up panels, and did the transmission himself while my youngster ass passed tools. Very grateful for what my old man did for me and for that, i am the mechanic i am today because of him... except nowadays i modify the shit out of them to make power, he's just a resto type of guy to keep em running up to factory spec. ? nowadays he's old and arthritis'd the hell up so i handle all mechanical for the family. ??

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I'm game, $500 for a 99 Solara with 146k.
Sponsored