Post Throttle hesitation software upgrade

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
I just got my car updated for the throttle hesitation fix. I haven’t experienced the hesitation for long while even prior to the fix, so still monitoring that.
But I did notice that the engine oil and coolant temps have dropped. I use the recommended oil, and it used to run above 100 deg Celsius. I just saw that engine oil temps now hovering between 92-97 deg celsius

Any other owners noticed differences post update?
Sponsored

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Posted this question in another thread but don't think anyone is watching that one. Reposting here:

If I haven't gotten either recalls done yet, and I go in - do they update the whole system to the latest version? Or do they only update to the exact version prescribed by the recall even if there is newer versions available?
The ISTA system updates to the latest version available.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Thanks - good to know. Maybe I'll finally go in for the recall since it will force them to do the upgrade.

In case anyone is confused, I deleted my message from this thread. Accidently posted it here instead of the main throttle hesitation thread.

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Forgive me for not being knowledgeable in this area, but is there an official update for this issue?

I am bringing my car in for unrelated warranty work next week and would love to tell them to update the car if there is a fix for the throttle hesitation. What do I tell them to update?

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Forgive me for not being knowledgeable in this area, but is there an official update for this issue?

I am bringing my car in for unrelated warranty work next week and would love to tell them to update the car if there is a fix for the throttle hesitation. What do I tell them to update?
No official update. Nothing from Toyota at all. Not even an acknowledgement that the issue exists. All anecdotal at this point. I can tell you that since updating, I have not experienced the issue. Others make similar claims.

Every dealership is different. Some won't even touch the software unless there's something official from Toyota. Others, like mine, are great to work with and are completely comfortable doing the work. YMMV

Many have had success getting dealerships to do the work by telling them that CarPlay is disconnecting often and is unusable. Either way, if your dealership is setup to do the brake recall, they should be able to update code. It's the same process. That's all the recall was.

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
No official update. Nothing from Toyota at all. Not even an acknowledgement that the issue exists. All anecdotal at this point. I can tell you that since updating, I have not experienced the issue. Others make similar claims.

Every dealership is different. Some won't even touch the software unless there's something official from Toyota. Others, like mine, are great to work with and are completely comfortable doing the work. YMMV

Many have had success getting dealerships to do the work by telling them that CarPlay is disconnecting often and is unusable. Either way, if your dealership is setup to do the brake recall, they should be able to update code. It's the same process. That's all the recall was.
Gotcha, I'll mention the carplay issue and hopefully they can check for updates.

I don't have high hopes as I've had issues with my Gas-Cap Fill Door. On 3 rare-occasions, it does not open when you unlock the car. I have to lock/unlock the car like 50 times for it to unlock and open so I can pump gas. I have gone to my dealer 3 times now about this issue, shown video proof, call toyota corporate, and the best they can do is "well it doesn't happen when we tested it so no problem found....". What annoys me is it squeaks every time you unlock the car but they said it's too difficult to get into to investigate (and add grease or lube) so they won't do anything unless it completely fails while they are testing it... SO ANNOYING. It's going to leave me stranded out of gas one day (I daily my car)
Sponsored