• Total voters

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
00.jpg

Acura/Honda are promising that the next-gen NSX will deliver “a new sports experience” that is both fresh and somehow connected to its illustrious predecessor. The production-spec car has officially been confirmed for the Detroit motor show, where it’s set to debut on January 12.

Ted Klaus, the chief engineer and global project leader for the NSX project added context by saying that “after three years of intensive development work we are excited to reveal this next-generation supercar—the Acura NSX—to the world. We’ve developed a human-centered supercar that responds to the will of the driver and that builds upon the NSX heritage.”

With the announcement, the automaker also said it released a short 30-second teaser video (which we didn't find anywhere), as well as a set of obscure teaser photos (which we brightened up for added detail). Check them out after the virtual jump below!
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/12/production-spec-acura-nsx-to-debut-at.html
Sponsored

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can't wait to see this...Really curious to see what Honda brings to the table. When they came out with the NSX, they sent Ferrari and many others back to the drawing board. Wonder if we will see the same.

Big George

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3, X5 V8
Can't wait to see this...Really curious to see what Honda brings to the table. When they came out with the NSX, they sent Ferrari and many others back to the drawing board. Wonder if we will see the same.
It better bring something interesting to the board seeing how long it was in development and testing!

high roller

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Out of all debuts coming to Detroit show this is my most anticipated by far. :spaz:
Followed by the Alfa 4c spyder.

OP
OP
Supra93

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was watching the live debut...the car does look promising. It looks better than the concept. $150k + is pretty steep though for me at least.

divinesteer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyotas
I was watching the live debut...the car does look promising. It looks better than the concept. $150k + is pretty steep though for me at least.
Was hoping it would be more lower 100's. Not like I could afford it even at that price but they might have some problems convincing exotic buyers to shell out > $150k for an Acura.

Looks a bit R8ish....
Thought so too especially that roofline and C pillar area.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Forgot to mention...R8ish with the "cute" Mazda 3 smiley face!

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Acura already planning NSX Type R?

Acura just took the wraps off the production version of its long-awaited new NSX, but rumors are already circulating of an even hotter version to follow.

Meeting up at the Detroit Auto Show this week, Auto Express asked the NSX's chief engineer Ted Klaus about the prospect of a Type R version in the future, to which he reportedly answered: "I think everyone who loves cars wants to see a version that we say is pure red. The NSX has always been silver first, moving towards red later. Someone asked me, 'when will you be satisfied?' Probably never. What you do today, you can improve on tomorrow."

That doesn't mean that tomorrow will actually come tomorrow, but it does speak to a spirit of improvement on the NSX team that could stand to keep the American-made Japanese supercar on the knife's edge and out in front of the competition, which Klaus identified as including the Ferrari 458, Audi R8 V10 and Porsche 911 Turbo.

The previous model bred the NSX-R two years after its release (in the Japanese domestic market anyway), benefiting from a 265-pound weight reduction, a stiffer suspension, and though never officially confirmed, a long-suspected bump in output.
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/14/acura-nsx-type-r-report/