Production Toyota Supra will be revealed in the first half of 2019 at Detroit!

Which Auto Show do you think we will see the production at?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
More than that, the Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept does not reveal anything about the production Supra other than the name, for which a simple press release some months ago would be sufficient. So even after Geneva 2018, we know nothing more about the Supra than we knew since the first light camoed spyshots.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
Disappointing we wont see it for a little less than a year...However! It leads me to believe the car is not as close to complete as we thought. Honda went back to the drawing boards 18 months before the NSX came out. This leaves me with faith that drivetrain options are not set in stone, and I truly believe we will be getting a manual.

I have no doubts the car will be worth the wait.

OP
OP
Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
More than that, the Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept does not reveal anything about the production Supra other than the name, for which a simple press release some months ago would be sufficient. So even after Geneva 2018, we know nothing more about the Supra than we knew since the first light camoed spyshots.
We did also get a wheelbase and a 2 seater confirmation, but yeah not that much more info.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
The good news, maybe, is they are re-considering a manual who knows...time would allow them to do that...lots unknown still on the interior and other areas...maybe this will be the last Supra as we know it and they want to make as absolutely perfect as they can...

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
they are still testing a ton of stuff right now; I cant give details, but work is still very much in progress.

if you want a manual, I would recommend spamming Toyota USA. I dont know that will have an effect, but at least they will be very aware of the growing sentiments on here.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I may instead buy the shitbox trim and put that into it, but I'm going vvti this time around if I do it lol.
Go FSE if you wanna go full modern lol.

I'm still working to import one of those btw...

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
hahaha, those things are neat, but swirl valves and insane compression dont lend themselves to what I want.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
hahaha, those things are neat, but swirl valves and insane compression dont lend themselves to what I want.
Yeah haha, they have some really great tech in there. The narrow valve angle is also a problem, but I spent some time working out a plan for an FSE with some smart people (Turbo Yoda, specifically) and it could definitely be an interesting engine with some boost. Just haven't had the time or spare cash to import one and rip it apart.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Status
Not open for further replies.