Production Toyota Supra will be revealed in the first half of 2019 at Detroit!

Which Auto Show do you think we will see the production at?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
I think the FSE could give an interesting platform to build a modern forced induction setup. I like it.

Went VVT-i 2JZ-GTE for the latest JZA70 build I'm doing, ended up selling the V160 and going with a brand new JZX110 R154, but the rest of it should come together nicely.

Jeff
Sponsored

2jztks

First Name
derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 supra
If they put a 6sp in the car would they go back to the v160 or something new. Toyota acts like their moving forward would they actually take a step back with the tried and true v160?

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
If they put a 6sp in the car would they go back to the v160 or something new. Toyota acts like their moving forward would they actually take a step back with the tried and true v160?
If they did do a manual, it could be a Getrag, but Getrag builds newer designs now, so the chances of it being a V160 is basically 0.

Jeff

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
I find it interesting that half of the people on here are saying that they better develop a manual version but also we want it now. so which is it? we could all benefit by saving up for 7 months longer than we intended...
Good point, more development time is best for all of us. Not like we were expecting a 2018 car anyway.

Zupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cars
they are still testing a ton of stuff right now; I cant give details, but work is still very much in progress.

if you want a manual, I would recommend spamming Toyota USA. I dont know that will have an effect, but at least they will be very aware of the growing sentiments on here.

Can you at least let us know if they are still testing after the feedback from the show, or have they always been on track to release next year despite what has been said before?

Thanks in advance for all the info and knowledge

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I think the FSE could give an interesting platform to build a modern forced induction setup. I like it.

Went VVT-i 2JZ-GTE for the latest JZA70 build I'm doing, ended up selling the V160 and going with a brand new JZX110 R154, but the rest of it should come together nicely.

Jeff
In my mind, the FSE is a hidden treasure just like the VVTi was not too many years ago. Only HKS has boosted one, and that was more than a decade ago, so they didn't have the engine management needed to properly control one. Definitely lots of potential using modern tech.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
In my mind, the FSE is a hidden treasure just like the VVTi was not too many years ago. Only HKS has boosted one, and that was more than a decade ago, so they didn't have the engine management needed to properly control one. Definitely lots of potential using modern tech.
It has some neat stuff and some not so neat stuff... the narrow valve angle, shit headflow, and lack of parts interchangeability are issues that make me look past it

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Interesting Tada stated there is room for a V8... we know the street car wont have one but still interesting from a design point of view...

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
Damn, this is just so damn sad. Another year and this thing will feel old, and its competitors would have already increased power. I guess it can't be helped. However, at least this isn't a troll especially since they had this planned all along. :(

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
the roadmap for this car is convoluted, I agree.

I think it has a lot to do with pressure from every angle that this car wont live up to the hype, but I dont think it could regardless of what you did to it at this point.

it's fundamentally different in damn near every way aside from being I6 turbo and RWD lol.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
http://www.mazworx.com/store/p/208-Mazworx-2JZ-Billet-Aluminum-Block.aspx

I do not know what is worse: no manual or Toyota exterior with BMW side view mirrors, door handles and whole interior?

I mean, can you imagine this interior with a Toyota badge on the steering wheel?

2016-BMW-M2-Interior.jpg

Me not.

Sidenote: This forum went full chaotic. Can't make heads or tails of the discussion topics.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
http://www.mazworx.com/store/p/208-Mazworx-2JZ-Billet-Aluminum-Block.aspx

I do not know what is worse: no manual or Toyota exterior with BMW side view mirrors, door handles and whole interior?

I mean, can you imagine this interior with a Toyota badge on the steering wheel?

Me not.
New interview with Tada-san said it won't share exterior parts with the Z4 and that it will have its own interior.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/you-want-a-manual-theres-still-a-chance.775/

Status
Not open for further replies.