Purchasing 2020 A90 3.0 premium. 10.5k Mileage. Anything specifically I should look/inspect on car? Thank you!

erokkin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR 3.0
Just want to know if there is something I should double check or ask before the purchase? knowing that it is bone stock with only 10.5k miles. $47k out the door. Comes with two sets of tires, all weather Continental Extreme Contact and stock Pilots. Thanks in advance guys and looking forward to joining the Supra Family.

Eric
Sponsored

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
check the diff for weeping/leaks. Being a 2020 oil consumption shouldnt be a concern, but Id look it over to make sure the downpipe and intake are 100% stock unless you dont mind if its been replaced.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
Just want to know if there is something I should double check or ask before the purchase? knowing that it is bone stock with only 10.5k miles. $47k out the door. Comes with two sets of tires, all weather Continental Extreme Contact and stock Pilots. Thanks in advance guys and looking forward to joining the Supra Family.

Eric
if the second set of whees and tires were so he could have one set for the street and one set for the track, have a compression and leak down test done.

-why does he say he is selling?
-has the car ever been modified?
-has the car ever been tracked?
-does the local toyota dealer show any flags in the dealer system for that VIN?

all questions i would be asking. Sometimes people just dont keep a sports car. Sometimes people are looking to unload it.

OP
OP

erokkin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR 3.0
check the diff for weeping/leaks. Being a 2020 oil consumption shouldnt be a concern, but Id look it over to make sure the downpipe and intake are 100% stock unless you dont mind if its been replaced.
appreciate the response. What is my best way to check for diff leaks at the dealer, without making them toss it on a lift? or should I be making them do that? As to the downpipe and intake, I will do my best to investigate signs of removal. Thanks again

OP
OP

erokkin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR 3.0
if the second set of whees and tires were so he could have one set for the street and one set for the track, have a compression and leak down test done.

-why does he say he is selling?
-has the car ever been modified?
-has the car ever been tracked?
-does the local toyota dealer show any flags in the dealer system for that VIN?

all questions i would be asking. Sometimes people just dont keep a sports car. Sometimes people are looking to unload it.
It is at a chevy dealership and they said they received it on trade from a family friend who they know treats their cars nicely. Whether that is true or not is out of my control. As to the tires, he said he just had a pair for fall/winter seasons being that we are in New York and the other pair is the ones that originally came on the car, the stock michelin pilot ss. I will check for signs of mods and will ask about the track history. As to dealer showing flags, i will call. Thank you again. Is there a way to see the launch history on the car? within the settings?

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
It is at a chevy dealership and they said they received it on trade from a family friend who they know treats their cars nicely. Whether that is true or not is out of my control. As to the tires, he said he just had a pair for fall/winter seasons being that we are in New York and the other pair is the ones that originally came on the car, the stock michelin pilot ss. I will check for signs of mods and will ask about the track history. As to dealer showing flags, i will call. Thank you again. Is there a way to see the launch history on the car? within the settings?
unknown on the launch.

i recommend:
run the vin with toyota. If that comes back clean with warranty intact, and the rest of the car “feels right“ then start working the deal. Try to work out having a compression and leak down test just to double check. Confirm it was one owner.

and trust your gut. If stuff keeps checking out, then scoop it Up.

OP
OP

erokkin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR 3.0
unknown on the launch.

i recommend:
run the vin with toyota. If that comes back clean with warranty intact, and the rest of the car “feels right“ then start working the deal. Try to work out having a compression and leak down test just to double check. Confirm it was one owner.

and trust your gut. If stuff keeps checking out, then scoop it Up.
Thanks again for your input! Cant wait to be in this thing!

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Funny how every used car I've ever bought the sales person has known the little old lady that has babied the car and never drove it over 30mph...lol...

It's just a car...I would treat it as such...look for obvious signs of damage..abuse..respray...leaks...
Either way this car should still have the manufacturer warranty in place..

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I wouldn't put old lady or any lady for that matter (exceptions for sure) and babying in the same sentence in context of cars :)
I also wouldn't buy anything from a doctor, broker or anyone who has so little time at their hands unless they have bunch of butlers :)

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
appreciate the response. What is my best way to check for diff leaks at the dealer, without making them toss it on a lift? or should I be making them do that? As to the downpipe and intake, I will do my best to investigate signs of removal. Thanks again
you can usually see some seepage on the diff cover. Also another tip, if you've got the vin you can look at the Toyota service history on owner's website. You just need to create a profile and assign the vin# to yourself. You can also see how much warranty is left and the build sheet.

https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle/vehicle-specification

Good luck!

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
^^ Well that was quick. Was just about to throw up some suggestions and read you had already bought it. LOL